Problems with iPhone/iPad - some tiles dont display?

• I am new to krpano but so far I seem to have successfully built a page using jquery, galleryview and krpano
    http://www.gentles.info/KAP/Gallery/Pano2010/index.htm

This all appears to work in FIrefox, Safari, and IE. You get a filmstrip of 4 images and you can swap between the images.

Problem is if you view this page on a tablet or mobile you can only see 5 panes on the last pano, the first 3 panos are completely blank.
    The images were generated with the droplet and as far as I can see the correct mobile and tablet images were generated.
    The licences are on the web and in the correct directory for the droplets. The fact it generates 5 panes seems strange?
    I've tried stripping out as much as I can in the xml, removed jquery etc etc but cant get to the bottom of why this all appears to work on PCs but not on portables

Help would be appreciated!
    James

Edited once, last by james (November 4, 2010 at 9:04 AM).

• The link above seems to have a space after the text so it does not work properly. Here is the correct link:http://www.gentles.info/KAP/Gallery/Pano2010/index.htm

I was also able to get the last one to load but I did not see a missing tile. Instead, I was at one point able to see all of the images but they seemed to be partially covered by something else on the page. At another viewing, every time I tried to move the image, the page would jump to the top of the page.

Viewed on an iPhone

• (Sorry about the "space", its now fixed)
    I have now posted a second page:
    http://www.gentles.info/KAP/Gallery/Pano2010/indexstrip.htm
    This has all the jquery and other "stuff" stripped out, minimum required to get a page that looks the same as the "real" page.
    If you view this in (IE, Firefox or) Safari 5 it works fine, but change to iPad 3.2.2 Agent and two things happen:
    1. There is a panel missing (left), and
    2. Image goes full screen, you can see the "real page" in the background through the missing pane.

• I guess I'm very confused. Others who I have testing this (who don't read this forum, just "use" panoramas) report different results for IPhone, i.e. it wont work. I wonder if I have made a mistake in the coding of my html or xml? Can anyone help me make this more robust?
    Thanks
    James

• The image does go fullscreen and until it does I can see the page behind it. However, I have clicked on it three times and have gotten all six tiles loaded each time. Maybe they move the screen before it completely loads????

I am currently on my iPhone and not near a "real" computer at the moment.

• This is the problem! The image is not meant to be full screen! On a PC it is 700x400 pixels as defined by

var swf = createswf("../../krpano/krpano.swf", "krpanoSWFObject", 700, 400, "#285078");

What I don't understand is why this is not being interpreted correctly on the iDevices

• It is because the idevice is designed to show it full screen and your settings 700,400 only affect the flash version. If you wish to display on the idevice on part of the screen you can set it up in an iframe. This might require a separate webpage and a JavaScript to automatically switch to that page when an idevice is detected.

I can't say what will be available in the soon to be released version but the current version acts this way.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!