Sporadic Error - loading error (IO error)

• I'm occasionally getting a 'krpano.xml - loading error (IO error)'

I'd understand if it happened every time I tried to load the pano because there is probably an incorrect path somewhere but it only seems to happen maybe 10% of the time. Seems to happen in all browsers so it isn't browser specific. Any ideas please?

• How nobody got an idea about this?

Dealing with a client and if I can't resolve it then it looks like another bit of software will have to be used which is pretty frustrating to be honest.

• Hi,

an IO-Error simply means that it was not possible to load that file,
    either the server has not able to deliver the file or there was a strange network error,

krpano already tries to download a file a several times in such case to be able to
    load a file also when the server is very (too) busy to serve the requests,
    but that's an very rare situation and it will normally happen only on very frequent servers
    and where the number of connections is limited,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

thanks for the link!
    I was not able to produce a error, also not with disabled cache any many many reloads,

but I have added now an the new possibility for the next release:
    the "network.retrycount" can now be passed as variable during the flash embedding and
    it will be parsed already before starting loading the first xml,

then you can do something like that:

Code
    swf.addVariable("network.retrycount","99"); 
    swf.addVariable("xml","panoconfig.xml");

this forces files to be reloaded up to 100 times before showing an error,
    the current default setting is 2, which means krpano will try to download a file up to 3 times,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks for taking the time to look and the erratic nature of the error happening made it a little harder to track down.

I think that solution you have proposed should take care of the problem because even if we get the error usually a refresh does the job. It just isn't ideal getting the error on the pages from a user perspective, so a few more attempts before spitting out the error would do the job.

Any rough ideas when there will be an update?

Once again thanks for taking a look.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!