Protecting your XML and your business...

• Is there any way that a user can protect their XML code - i.e. obfuscate it?

I find I do a significant amount of coding, then it's just there for anybody to "borrow" or examine... any way to help keep trade secrets protected?

I'm not suggesting a closed door on sharing code, specifically in a forum such as this; but, it would be nice to keep a client from taking your code and then deciding they don't need your services any longer...

• Hi,

there is a new "kprotect - krpano protect tool" gui tool for exactly this

https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/inde…ad&threadID=331

download it here:
    https://krpano.com/download/beta/

at the moment only the first xml can be embedded, but if reorganize the xml's
    nearly all can be done in one xml,

with the next version (beta 7) - any additional file (xml, buttons, panos, ...) can be embedded or encrypted too

best regards,
    Klaus

• This is EXCELLENT! It works perfectly locally, but I get a LICENSE ERROR when I put it online... I only selected the Embedded XML option, and did not select Limit Domains... any idea how to eliminate the License Error?

• This is EXCELLENT! It works perfectly locally, but I get a LICENSE ERROR when I put it online... I only selected the Embedded XML option, and did not select Limit Domains... any idea how to eliminate the License Error?

Hi, sorry, there was a small bug in the kprotect tool - the limit domain option was always on
    (even when it wasn't checked and there were no domains in the list)

but this bug is fixed now, place download the tool again, now it should work

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

that's strange, the tool looks normally in the current directory or in the directory
    where to tool itself stays for the license files,

which system do you use? window/mac? it is a normal folder?

but you can select to paths to the license file also manually:
    - by dropping the license files onto the setup tab
    - or by using the "Browse.." button

best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!