Offline iPad viewing => get "Good Reader" app

• Hi -

I've recently tried the App "Good Reader" to view my panos offline on the iPad and it works great.
    Check http://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/goodreader-for-ipad/id363448914?mt=8 for the app.

Hope this helps those who want to show their work without wifi or 3G connection.

Cheers,
    Thomas

• While I have not yet done it, I believe he meant that you transfer YOUR panoramas to the iPad using good reader. Then all files are located there and therefore can be viewed offline.

If you don't yet have your own panoramas, try transferring the example folder in the viewer package for testing the good reader app.

Good luck,

Jarred

• Hi,
    Offline viewing works fine too with "PDF Expert" (http://readdle.com/),
    this app read many other format than pdf, just copy your entire folder in /Documents folder of the App, and run the html,
    it display smoothly your css based krpanorama
    *smile*

z

(if your iphone/ipad Jailbreaked, you can transfert by USB using PhoneView on a Mac, make sure using Cydia/AppLinks app to create shorcut of the app folders first, thats easy after..)

• Hi,

i'm using goodreader to present different projects (not only panoramas).
    I like it. But i have one big problem:

krpano ist opened in fullscreen and after a few seconds the goodreader navigation bar hides.
    So I can't navigate back to the goodreader folder view.

how can i fix this? any ideas?

thanks

stefan

• tornth: You have to copy all your project files to GoodReader and recreate its folder structure on GoodReader.
    You should also create an HTML file that calls your swf file and open your virtual tour via this HTML page.

Hi!

I downloaded Goodreader - could you describe how you got your tour on the iPad in detail? I can´t find a good description.

thanks, Klaus

herzlichen Gruß, Klaus

--
    “Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance.”
    ― Coco Chanel

• Actually this page describes it in detail very good. Both for Mac and Windows.
    http://www.goodiware.com/gr-man-tr-wifi…ep6_ShowDetails

It works very well and you get access to all your archive on the iPad and can update it with single files. No need to zip everything for transferring it.

You just copy your directory with your files.

You should make a special intro webpage with a simple start link to your KRpano html page.
    Call it for example start-tour.html

I just made a simple page with an intro image and with a link to the KRPano html.
    In the xml file I added a close button which links back to the startpage with target set to _self.
    Like this
    onclick="openURL(../start-tour.html,_self)"

If you do not do this you will easy get stuck in full screen with the tour.The developer claims that you can get out of it by tapping at the center but it does not work for panoramas.

Hans

• Wohoo worked for me too!!! thanks HansNyb for the advice on the exit button.

I had to zip I couldn't find a way to transfer folders and when I looked at the website it said

"Apple has chosen not to allow dropping folders to this window, so drop only files (you can ZIP your folders and transfer ZIP-archives with iTunes, those ZIP-archives can be later unzipped inside GoodReader)."

• Sorry to resuscitate such an old thread, but I have got a problem to send and view a 360x180 panorama to my iPad ! !

Hi ! I just bought Krpano, and of course, I'm LOST !OK... so I pasted my *.JPG equirect file on MAKE PANO (NORMAL) droplet.bat, and a directory _DSCxxx got created, containing:
    DIR: _DSCxxxx.tiles
    DIR: skin
    index.html
    pano.js
    pano.swf
    pano.xml
    tour_testingserver.exe
    tour_testingserver.macos
    I zipped everything and sent it to my Dropbox. Then, from my iPad, I downloaded the *.zip file and "exported" to GoodReader. There, I tried to tap on every file, but nothing happened ! WTH ??
    Which files are absolutely necessary ? Which files can I delete ?
    I also tried, from Dropbox, to export the *.zip file to iPano, but it doesn't work either ! It keeps telling me that the files directory is empty !
    Note: I hait to use iTune (its logic doesn't match with mine), so, it there another way to get my panoramas onto my iPad ?
    Could someone explain -slowly and thoroughly- what I must do ? TIA...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von JPS (30. Januar 2018 um 22:34)

• Hi,

basically this way:
    - copy the zip to the Goodreader app (via iTunes, downloading or any other way)
    - extract the zip
    - open the index.html or tour.html (depending what droplet was used)

About which files could be deleted - only the 'tour_testingserver' files - these are files for Window or Mac for testing the tour locally.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!