• I wish that pixelwidth and pixelheight could also be used to get the real width and height of plugins (that may have been assigned a width and/or height in % or as "prop").
    And that one can also get the width and height of the original image that has been used for the plugin (without changing its current size).

- Ronny D'Hoore

• Thanks, Michel, that was very useful info indeed.

I also found plugin[...].changeorigin(align, edge) very helpful for what I wanted to achieve. It allows us to move plugins just exactly out of view without knowing its size.

Still, a property to get the width and height of the original image, would be useful. In the meantime, we can use the more lengthy procedure.

- Ronny D'Hoore

• Also plugin[myplugin].pixelx and plugin[myplugin].pixely is very much desired, so that I could get the real x and y position in pixels of a plugin in relation to the screen.

Here is the background for this request:

I have a bunch of plugins (icons) that are children of another plugin (floorplan), so their x and y are relative to the parent, not to the screen. To complicate matters even more, their x and y are in % (of the parent), not in pixels.

Now I would need to know the real pixel position of these icon plugins, so that in help mode (a special presentation mode that starts when the user clicks the help button), I can move a big arrow pointer (yet another plugin) to each kind of such an icon, so that I can explain (with showtext) what it means.

In the meantim, I hope I will be able to figure out some way to calculate it, using the funny methods to get the real width and height of the floorplan (it is scaled), but it will become lengthy and very complicated, so if in the future such properties pixelx and pixely for plugins would exist, I would welcome and appreciate it very much.

Or would it be possible already now to get the real x and y position in pixels of a given plugin using actionscript (which I don't know)? Could anyone kindly help me with that?

Update: as mul() cannot deal with values in % (it ignores the % and uses the value as a plain number), and there is no string function that can determine if a string contains a % sign, it seems impossible to write a krpano action that could calculate it.

- Ronny D'Hoore

Edited 2 times, last by rdhoore108 (October 17, 2010 at 11:07 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!