#1090 error when encrypting and protecting a large number of files

• Hi there

For some time now I've been noticing what seems to be a bug. To prepare my tours for publishing, I use a python script which first encrypts the XML files by calling "kencrypt" and then puts them all together in a SWF with "kprotectcl".

What happens is that sometimes, after this process, I get the #1090 error when viewing the encrypted/protected tour. This happens when I view it on my machine and is quite non-deterministic. After running my script again, the error is either gone or affecting another file. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

I was running some tests, and the problem seems to be the encryption. I generated several XML files (200) and included them in a panorama. When I try encrypting and then opening them with a protected (embedded license) krpano, sometimes it works and sometimes I get the #1090 error.

I'm sending the files that I used for this, so that maybe Klaus can figure out what's going on. I couldn't attach them, so I uploaded them to my server http://fotosfera.com.pt/encrypttest.zip . Here's an explanation of everything included:

- The main panorama file is "p_aquario.xml" and the tiles are in "Aquario.tiles". There's also a krpano.swf, HTML and javascript files.
    - The files "ztestFile-*.xml" were generated by me. You can use the script "generateFiles.py" to generate new ones.
    - The "encryptOnly.py" script will take all the XML files in the current folder and encrypt them to the "encryptOnly" folder. It will also create a protected krpano.swf in that folder.
    IMPORTANT: before running "encryptOnly.py", you need to open it to change the paths to "kprotectcl" and "kencrypt". Also, you need to put a "krpano.license" file in its folder.

After running "encryptOnly.py" you can try opening the HTML file in the "encryptOnly" folder to view the tour. For me it was just working around 30% of times with this number of files.

Let me know if you can't reproduce the problem. I've used krpano 1.0.8.11 for this.

Thanks,
    Manuel

• Hi,

again - thanks for this test case!!!
    I found the problem and could fix it, it was a problem in the decryption code in the krpano.swf,
    the encrypted files are always okay, but in some situations (depending on the encrypted data) the decrypting failed,
    please contact me per mail if you already want a pre-release of the new krpano.swf,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!