• maybe not fully supported..

Flash on Google TV

"Google TV is capable of playing 720p and 1080p Flash videos. For best performance:

Use h.264 encoding for all video content. Avoid encoding your videos in h.263 or vp6.
    Avoid adding continuous-playing, Flash-based banner or sidebar ads on a page that includes a video. If you cannot avoid such ads, unload or stop them when a user starts watching the primary video or goes to full screen.
    To ensure a smooth video-watching experience, make sure your content uses only one instance of the media player at a time. For example, make sure that your primary content and the ads are not running two parallel streams of the media player. Two parallel streams can significantly degrade system performance.
    Be conscious of system memory, check availability and limitations when running Flash. Consume only what is necessary and test for memory leaks.
    Handle errors or crashes gracefully with proper recovery messaging."

read it here

"Web Developers

Q. Is the TV browser different than the one on my personal computer? Can I access the same content?
    A: The browser on Google TV is simply the Linux version of Google Chrome. While the user interface is modified slightly for the TV form factor, most of the rendering and web platform capabilities are consistent with desktop versions of Google Chrome and you will receive the latest updates automatically.

Q. Which version of Chrome will Google TV ship with?
    A. Google TV will ship with Chrome 5.0. However, it will get upgraded with over-the-air updates.

Q. Will Flash websites work with Google TV?
    A. Yes. Google TV supports Flash 10.1 and hence Flash websites will work.

Q. Is this yet another browser platform that I need to test my site on?
    A. Google TV utilizes Google Chrome as the browser, so most websites that function in Google Chrome should operate correctly on Google TV.

Q. How can I make sure my site works with Google TV? How do I optimize my site for Google TV?
    A. You should test your website on Google TV to ensure it functions correctly. To optimize your website for TV, please refer to website design guidelines at http://www.google.com/tv/developer. In the future, Google TV will also support a set of TV-specific APIs that will allow you to navigate TV content.

Q. If Google TV is running the Chrome browser, is it capable of running Native Client apps?
    A. We will not have native client app support at initial product availability."

read developer FAQs

google tv keynote video

this google device use INTEL ATOM.. :(

hopefully krpano will live on in this 'supported new platform'..

regard

bulp

Edited 2 times, last by bulp (September 7, 2010 at 8:43 AM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!