kprotect - krpano Protect Tool

• Difficulties of translation...*whistling*
    Let's well try so *wink*

If I save in swf with the inserted files (douche_charcot.xml, reception.xml, saltroom.xml, sauna.xml, swimming_pool.xml) - error.
    If files I do not insert - ok!
    If I save in exe with the inserted files (douche_charcot.xml, reception.xml, saltroom.xml, sauna.xml, swimming_pool.xml) - ok!.
    Tour

• When the following version kprotect will be ready?
    I use a plug-in as3Thumbsforkrpano_Rev7 and I save tour with the kprotect, I do not manage to hide all XML, except the start.
    If I pack all XML in swf at usage as3Thumbsforkrpano_Rev7 there is an error.
    I use krpano 1.0.8 beta 9, and in the message on an error is written krpano 1.0.8 beta 8...

Hi,

the as3Thumbsforkrpano plugin can't be embedded at its current state,
    the plugins loads its files by its own,

with the 1.0.8 beta 9 I will release an interface for plugins, to make the
    plugins able to load also embedded files, but the plugin will need to be
    rewritten to use that interface,

and the new 1.0.8 beta 9 kprotect tool will be needed too,

best regards,
    Klaus

• I am very happy today, coz I discover the new version of krProtect anf all my troubles goes away.

Thank you Klaus, a new time a great job done.

Just a little precision, after packing a whole tour 8 room with multiresolution, when I launch it (on a old mac, a recent PC, or even a big calculator I have to wait approximatively 30/45 second before the loading finished. I suppose he load the whole tour because after the transition are so fast, and when you zoom I don't have to wait.
    Is there a way to tell that you don't have to preload the whole stuff at the first time?

Sorry for my pityfull english.

David

• Did you put all of your images into the .swf too? That would slow down startup quite a bit.

No, I didn't, the aim of this stand alone tour is to be included in the catalog of an artistic exhibition. So the owner don't want that the pictures could be easyly extracted and used by other. I know there is no perfect way to protect the images but if there are in the flash object it's a little bit harder to use them.

Thanx for your answer.

• Hi David,

Try using the last krpano Tools 1.0.8 beta 9 .
    There is a new function that allow encryption:

file encryption
    • encrypt external files with the kencrypt command line or the kprotect gui tool
    • only a 'protected' swf can load these encrypted files

So, I suggest you to use the Kprotect gui to create a Domain Limited protected swf file that contains krpano.swf , your xml files but not includes the images (do not forget to check the disable local / Offline Usage option to make sure the file can not be used if recuperated from the browser cache for example)... And then, to encrypt all your images (separately)...

Doing this way you get:

• a lightweight protected file (no big waiting time)
    • all your images are encrypted and uploaded on demand

I have tried and it works perfectly... And it seems to be effectively protected *thumbup* ... At least, I do not know if there is a way to retrieve the protected files ...

SAlut.

• Hi David,

But you can't encrypt a video file with this way. Is there any other possibility for it?

Of course you can *rolleyes* .... Kprotect can *thumbsup* ...
    Open Kprotect.exe... Select the Encryption-tool tab... Add your video file... And Encrypt now...
    Your encrypted Video file becomes unplayable else if it is played from your protected Krpano.swf *attention* *thumbup*

Visca Krprotect i Visca el BARÇA *wink*

SAlut.

• Open Kprotect.exe... Select the Encryption-tool tab... Add your video file... And Encrypt now...
    Your encrypted Video file becomes unplayable else if it is played from your protected Krpano.swf *attention* *thumbup*

Hi,

no, sorry, a video (.flv,.mp4) can't be encrypted by kprotect,
    (the same is true for sound files),

these files will be streamed (via Flash NetStream) and there a modification (e.g. decrypting) of the transfered bytes is not possible,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

OK... Sorry *unsure* ... I have made a try with the cats-short.flv that comes in the video-hotspot example of krpano...
    And it worked but I do not noticed the need to be downloaded at first to being decrypted and then to be played, because it is a tiny files (178kb) *whistling* ...

SAlut.

• Hi Klaus,

I have tried to encrypt bigger videos to see what it happening ... the resulting is an error:

Code
    ERROR: unable to open video - %SWFPATH%/examples/video-hotspot_kprotected/video.flv

Because of my first try using the cats-short.flv that comes in the video-hotspot example of krpano that has worked (NO ERROR *blink* ), I was thinking if there is a way to first download the entire video before , decrypt and then play it *question* Something like a preload for the videourl *question*
    Also, why it worked with the cats-short.flv video *huh* *question*

SAlut.

• I am Not a programmer like others I am trying a tour made by APT beta 6 , I need to know do I need to add a folder or certain files only to make a standalone.exe which can play on computer?

When I add the files I see some red lines in krprotect which says jpeg images not found, thus the exe wont show the tour, all I get the black screen showing xml.xml loading error.

Is krprotect only protecting tours generated by its own or can I do that with tours generate via autopano too?

I cant find any documentation on using this, any step by step description would be helpful for new users.

Edited once, last by rinks (January 5, 2010 at 6:43 PM).

• Hi,

I need to know do I need to add a folder or certain files only to make a standalone.exe which can play on computer?

When I add the files I see some red lines in krprotect which says jpeg images not found, thus the exe wont show the tour, all I get the black screen showing xml.xml loading error.

first/important - use the latest kprotect tool (1.0.8 beta 9),

there is a a new "Add Folder" button for adding folders,
    and the xml parsing has much improved,

Is krprotect only protecting tours generated by its own or can I do that with tours generate via autopano too?

yes, APT tour can also be used,

I cant find any documentation on using this, any step by step description would be helpful for new users.

it's still in work, therefore no documentation at the moment,

here a short step by step description to use APT tours:

1. export the XML and images in APT
    2. start the kprotect tool (the latest version! at least 2009-12-30!)
    3. chose SWF Protection Mode - "Embedded XML"
    4. select in the "Embed Startup XML file" via "Browse" the main XML file from APT (the one without numbers)
    5. when the pano images were tiled or multires, the tiles will not be added automatically, but these tiles can be added by selecting "Add Folder" and selecting the "...data" folder
    6. that should be all, select the output format (swf,exe,app) in the "Protect" tab and press the "Generate Protected File" button

best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks klaus,
    I have now downloaded the latest beta of krprotect (build 2010-01-05)
    I could now follow your steps & dont get any red lines but I still see many files in grey telling me that krprotect skipped these files & shows as unknown file type (see attachment) I have to manually double click & new window opens then check mark "embed" but i see 432 such files which I will have to manually add ............do I even need to do it ???

On generating the exe or swf files I get black screen displaying "xml.xml - xml parser error: element is malformed (#1090)"

Do I need to fill in the paths in place holder? I did not edit anything in xml?
    Do I need to embed the parent folder which has a html file & a swf file generated by APT or just the data folder ?

Found the problem I had messed up the folder structure while experimenting with APT that was causing the whole problem, I did a fresh tour with APT & now all works fine but sound is not playing it seems sound embedding is not yet possible, any way to play sound within exe?

• Hi,

a way to embed sound anyway, could be to use a mp3 => swf converter and embed the generated swf,

but if it will work depends on the conversion tool (and maybe on some settings from it),
    and the sound will not be controllable,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!