Krpano player from main domain and the tour images from sub domains.

• Hello,

Assuming that the krpano.swf is domain restricted to "abc.com", can it play tours which is made up of images coming from a subdomain, say "123.abc.com" ?

Below is the sample xml with <!-- Here is the image from the sub-domain --> placed beside the images coming from sub domains.

Thank you.

• Is it a crossdomain problem or a file permissions problem? Does the folder that contains the images have access "x" permissions for world? (711) Does the file have read permissions for world? (744) I don't know if you need a crossdomain.xml file for a subdomain.

Unix File Permission. Forgive me if you already know about how the file permissions work.
    You can issue the command "ls -ltr" to get the file and directory permissions. The "." file is a link to the current directory. The ".." file is a link to the directory above. You can change the permissions with the chmod command.
    chmod 711 ArbitraryFolderFileName
    chmod 744 ArbitraryImageFileName.jpg
    chmod 744 *.jpg ( all jpeg images in the directory )
    chmod -r 744 *.jpg ( recursively all jpeg images in this folder others below )

The directory / folder that contains the images has permissions of 711 allows access to the folder, but does not allow you to do a directory listing.
    Owner is 7 decimal, Group is 1 decimal, and world is 1 decimal.
    World permissions of decimal 1 are 001 binary which correspond to the write, read, and access permissions ( executable if it is a file instead of a directory / folder )
    You add the binary digits raised to the exponent of the position to obtain the decimal value that you use with chmod or the 0^2 + 0^1 + 1^0 = 1 decimal

Cross domain file

I am copying the source code for a crossdomain.xml file which Klaus posted here
    Klauss's crossdomain.xml post

XML
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "http://www.macromedia.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">
    <cross-domain-policy>
    	<allow-access-from domain="domain1.com" />  
    	<allow-access-from domain="www.domain1.com" /> 
    </cross-domain-policy>
  • x bit is on for the folders containing the images and r bit is on for the images. In any case i would expect I/O error if the files are not accessible. The error was security error, so i think it is more of domain restriction.

About the crossdomain.xml, does it allow wild cards? Something like <allow-access-from domain="*.domain.com" /> ? If i am not wrong this crossdomain.xml should be on the subdomain which is serving the images, right?

Thanks.

Edited once, last by srisa (August 20, 2010 at 7:06 AM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!