Java Script viewer works on Nexus One with Android 2.2! What gives?

• Hey! Did anyone else realize this yet? What gives...Chrome is on safari based engine, I guess this is why. Can anyone test it on other 2.2 phones and other nexus one phones. It does not work on android 2.1 sprint evo, not sure why. Klus...did you know this? I am wondering if its a nexus one thing or a android 2.2 thing?

Exciting news if its a 2.2 thing and not just a nexus one thing.

• I hope to get a Nexus one in 3 weeks. Does it not yet pick up the <!-- flash viewer --> part of the xml in the code below? I only have an iPod Touch for testing so that's not much good and you'd laugh if you saw my current mobile phone *g*

• I have not tested flash yet with KR, but have with other flash player...it is BAD, very bad even with very small files, lag way behind, very jerky. 5fps with images formatted under at 250x250 and under 100k. I do not think we should look forward to flash unless KR builds us a great flash mobile version. Still not sure flash mobile is going to be good for us.

• Hi,

the Javascript viewer with the 3D CSS is working only on Apple Browsers (Safari, Mobile Safari, ...),
    these is the only ones which supports that at the moment,

on the Nexus One with Android 2.2 the normal Flashplayer version will be used,
    it's already working (I have already a Nexus One), partially good, partially not so good...
    when the image is not too large and fits in memory the panning is smooth,
    not so smooth like in the iphone/ipad viewer but okay,

the next krpano release will have some adjustments/optimizations for that case (e.g. no mouse cursor),
    but the Flashplayer and Browsers itselfs there on Android is still buggy,
    e.g. the Fullscreen Mode dosen't work right, the Flashplayer reports the wrong size to the app,
    and there there is no multi-touch (or better only Multi-touch with one(!) finger *wacko*) at the moment,
    not in the Flashplayer and also not in the Browser (e.g. via Javascript), so the nice multi-touch zooming
    isn't possible there at the moment...

more details about krpano on Android with the next release

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!