Life Action Effect with video

• Hi there Klaus and everyone else.

I'd want to make this cool effect that gives life to the tours, like in http://www.coffeemania.ru/eng/ that people moves.

I guess it is a hotspot with a short video that matches the exact position so it doesn't seem rare but I have tried to make it that way and haven't been successfull *cry* .

May someone explain how to make that nice effect? *confused*

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Luis *smile* .

• I thing he is using exatly what you say short video from same position after he shoot the panorama but then again the equipment he is using should be "camera" with video mode i guess because as you can see he doesn't have nadir and zenith just 360 horizontal... otherwise the cam corder needs to have same angle of the shooting as the camera!

Looks cool! Makes websites presentation being soo impressive!

Best,
    Nikola Totuhov

• i have a d90. it has video mode. however when i take video the max resolution is 640x480. so if i take a 360 with the camera in photo mode then take a video the video is not sized correctly to fit in the pano seemlessly. i have to scale it to match then the quality suffers. i might think this can only be done if the video can be taken at the same resolution as the photography?

• Hi there.

I kinda solved what I wanted to do by masking the video hotspot with an image.
    For those who hasn't tried it, make a .png image where [white] will make video's zones visible and [black] will make them invisibles, and well, gray colors will make them vanish in some grade.

Attached is an image example.

It is also possible to make nice effects by applying tweens to change the masking image's properties as size, alpha, width, height, and else.

Code
    <hotspot name="picmask" url="mask.png"
    ath="0" atv="0"
    scale="0.25"
    destscale="0.25"
    onloaded="switch(destscale,0.25,1.8);tween(scale,$destscale);"
    /><hotspot name="video"
    url="videoplayer.swf"
    videourl="video.flv"
    mask="hotspot[picmask]"
    />

Hope this be helpfull for someone else.

Regards,

Luis Carlos Osorio Jayk
    http://='http://www.krpano.com/forum/wbb/www.quillamwa.com']www.quillamwa.com

• i have a d90. it has video mode. however when i take video the max resolution is 640x480. so if i take a 360 with the camera in photo mode then take a video the video is not sized correctly to fit in the pano seemlessly. i have to scale it to match then the quality suffers. i might think this can only be done if the video can be taken at the same resolution as the photography?

If you use the same lens for both panorama and video you will unevitably have a very low resolution of the video part. Try to shoot your panorama with the lens you use for this purpose normally and then switch to a longer lens to capture the video part. This limits the video to smaller elements of the panorama, but that's how it is by the nature of photography vs. video.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!