slow tour with the new krpano??

• HI everybody
    i have just finished a tour using the kr pano beta latest version i disocevered that the tour is much slower than tours done with the previous version this slowness is only noticed with slow connection like the one we have here in egypt ?
    or is there something ealse i can do ?????

here is the slow and the fast tours "keep in mind that the slow one is also much smaller than the fast one "

the slow tour : http://www.deja-view.org/index.php?/eng…a-And-Aperetivo

the fats tour :http://www.deja-view.org/index.php?/eng…s/PHD-Clubhouse

also you will notice the problem only the first time after that it will be fast but if you empty the cash memory it will become slow again

any body help???

thanks *cry*

• I didn't really notice the difference in speed here in TX (USA). Although, every time I try to visit the private dining room in the "slow" tour, it locks up and I have to refresh to visit any other room.

• Hi,

I could also see no performance difference...
    but there is small bug in the html:

Code
    <param name="wnode" value="transparent" />

right would be "wmode" instead of "wnode" - and note - wmode=transparent - will slow down the rendering because the browser needs to composites the flash output with the html page behind it,

best regards,
    Klaus

• right would be "wmode" instead of "wnode" - and note - wmode=transparent - will slow down the rendering because the browser needs to composites the flash output with the html page behind it,

hi Klaus
    i don't seem to find which html you mention above is that the one that reads the flash file cuz i can't see wmode or transparent in it at all

thank you *unsure*

• Hi, here in this file:
    http://www.deja-view.org/index.php?/eng…s/PHD-Clubhouse

here a quote:

• Hi Rahim,

I think the "slow" problem is just because of the different cube size used in each tours...
    The slow one is 1950 pixels versus the fast one is 955 pixels... So, the first one is more heavy than the second one about 4 times !!! So, it's normal *wink* ...

SAlut.

• thanks michel
    i have a question although it might be very dumb but how can i fix the pixel size from photoshop or is there a way of adjusting it when i drag it to for the tiles???
    but thanks that makes sense

cheers
    and thank you klaus !

• Hi,

the size depends on the size of the original image,
    the cube size will be converted from the sphere size in this way: cubewidth = spherewidth / PI,
    that means when you reduce the spherical image, the cubical image will be also smaller,

best regards,
    Klaus

• hi there
    i have ajusted the size but it doesn't seem to be the problem.the problem appears when you empty the cash memory and load the main bar room or the provate dinning room ,when you load either of them the first time the load bar stops at 20% from the end ,however if you refresh it the problem is gone

i have attached the xml so if any if you guys have some time to tell me where i went wrong i would really appreciate it

Thank *confused* s

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!