Problem with case-sensitivity and kprotect

• Hi there

I'm using kprotectcl to embed my XML files in an SWF. One of them is called "p_Something.xml".

My problem is that, before loading a file, its name goes through some krpano actions: first it's set as a property of plugin, then concatenated with another string and finally loaded. I've seen a couple of times that KRPano sometimes doesn't respect case sensitivity (something is set as "AaA" and later shows up as "aaa"), which is not such a big problem, since the entire thing is case-insensitive.

However, when using the SWF with the embedded files, I get an error because of this. The file was embedded as "p_Something.xml", krpano tried to load "p_something.xml" and the following error is displayed:
    file://.../p_something.xml - loading error (IO Error)
    If I embed the file again with the name "p_something.xml", then it works. But it would be nice to keep the filenames as they are.
    This only happens with the embedded swf. Everything works perfectly when using krpano.swf and unembedded files.

Thanks
    Manuel

• Hi,

My problem is that, before loading a file, its name goes through some krpano actions: first it's set as a property of plugin, then concatenated with another string and finally loaded. I've seen a couple of times that KRPano sometimes doesn't respect case sensitivity (something is set as "AaA" and later shows up as "aaa"), which is not such a big problem, since the entire thing is case-insensitive.

only the xml node and attribute names are case insensitive, but the case of values itself should not...
    but you have an example?

This only happens with the embedded swf. Everything works perfectly when using krpano.swf and unembedded files.

are you on windows - the window filesystem is also case insensitive, maybe this is the reason why it works, on a linux web server you would also have the problem with different case,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Ah, that was the problem then. I wasn't expecting the "name" attribute to be case insensitive, but the others to be.

Here is a quick example to show what I mean:

<krpano>

<events onxmlcomplete="test()"/>

<testStruct>
    <point name="ThisIsATest" aValue="ThisIsATestToo"/>
    </testStruct>

<action name="test">
    trace(testStruct.point[ThisIsATest].name); <!-- this is all lowercase -->
    trace(testStruct.point[ThisIsATest].aValue); <!-- this is case sensitive -->

</action>

</krpano>

Thanks!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!