Multi-row object movies with krpano?

• It seems to me you should be able to do it--it's just a small matter of programming.

One of many possible ways to do this (assuming you've got 36 shots per row) is to organize the indices as follows:

lowest row: indices 1 - 36
    next row: 37 - 72
    next row: 73 - 108
    next row: 109 - 144

So the lowest row is row 0, the next higher row is row 1, the next higher row is row 2, etc.

To calculate the frame index given a row variable and a col variable:

Code
    mul(frame_index,get(row),36);
    add(frame_index,get(col));

If you've got more (or less) than 36 pictures per row simply substitute the number of images you have for 36
    hope this helps...

Steve
    i'm answering this on my phone, so sorry if there are errors in the above code

• Thanks Steve,
    The logic behind your response makes perfect sense. How would this work practically? Would you drop each set of 36 images (for each row) into the MAKE PANO (MULTIRES) droplet separately? Then, which files would need to be altered so that moving the mouse up or down (when zoomed all the way out) switches which row you're looking at, while maintaining the same column number? Where exactly would your source code go?

Code
    mul(frame_index,get(row),36);
    add(frame_index,get(col));

Sorry, I'm not much of a programmer, and I appreciate your help immensely!

Thanks,
    Bags

• Pinsane..

i do test object move with different approach.. the content not a object VR..

i do notice about skip frame issue... and for your info i do change the delayedcall to 20

Code
    <action name="rotateleft">
    		dec(image.frame,1,1,get(image.frames));
    		delayedcall(20, if(rotateing,rotateleft()) );
    	</action>

<action name="rotateright">
    		inc(image.frame,1,get(image.frames),1);
    		delayedcall(20,  if(rotateing,rotateright()) );
    	</action>

just like that to make sure not too fast... but there are still have skip frame issue..

this is the LINK

regards..

bulp

• Does anyone know if it is possible to render and view multi-row object movies with krpano?

Okay, I figured it would be best to generate my first object VR before answering these questions so I can provide practical rather than theoretical answers. 1200 CGI images later, I've posted the code for a working mult-row objectVR. This is a tweak of Klaus' original objectskin.xml file which can be replaced in the templates/xml/skin directory of the krpanotools 1.0.8.11 release. Please note that this is based on Klaus' original code. If you place this file in the above specified directory, then whenever you run kmakemultires with the templates/object.config file as the first parameter, then this new xml file will be automatically copied into your directory by kmakemultires.

Thanks Steve,
    The logic behind your response makes perfect sense. How would this work practically? Would you drop each set of 36 images (for each row) into the MAKE PANO (MULTIRES) droplet separately? Then, which files would need to be altered so that moving the mouse up or down (when zoomed all the way out) switches which row you're looking at, while maintaining the same column number? Where exactly would your source code go?

You would run kmakemultires on all of your photos at once to build the tile directory. Here's a post on how to name your files so kmakemultires will properly order the frames so they will work with the tweaked version of objectskin.xml.

Unfortunately (and this may be a windows-only limitation) if you have a large number of pictures you cannot use the MAKE OBJECT (MULTIRES) droplet because of system restrictions. You can however call kmakemultires from the command-line and pass it the template/object.config file and the names of all of the photos.

Pinsane..
    i do test object movie with different approach.. the content not a object VR..

i do notice about skip frame issue... and for your info i do change the delayedcall to 20

this is the LINK

I'm not sure what the correct order for your photos should be, but are they named something like pic1.tif, pic2.tif, pic3.tif,...,pic9.tif,pic10.tif,pic11.tif,etc? If so, then kmakemultires may be mixing up your files, because it uses alphabetic sorting rather than numeric sorting. So the (incorrect) order of your frames may be pic1.tif, pic10.tif,pic11.tif,..,pic2.tif,pic20.tif,pic21.tif,... etc. You can fix this by padding the numbers in your filenames with leading zeros: pic0001.tif, pic0002.tif, pic0003.tif etc.

hope this helps

steve

• Hi,

great work!

btw.:

If so, then kmakemultires may be mixing up your files, because it uses alphabetic sorting rather than numeric sorting. So the (incorrect) order of your frames may be pic1.tif, pic10.tif,pic11.tif,..,pic2.tif,pic20.tif,pic21.tif,... etc. You can fix this by padding the numbers in your filenames with leading zeros: pic0001.tif, pic0002.tif, pic0003.tif etc.

the latest kmakemultires version (1.0.8.11) has already an improved file sorting to sort files numbered like 1,2,..,10,11,.. correct

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!