BUG: Fullscreen mode of krpano isn't working in Safari 5

• Just updated to Safari 5 yesterday and realized after testing that some changes in the way Safari 5 handles JavaScript have caused krpano viewer to stop working properly.

Tested with two different projects: both work well in Opera and Firefox but fullscreen mode isn't working anymore in updated Safari 5.

Hopefully this problem will be fixed soon as Apple has started to roll out Safari 5 update to everyone out there and that will cause problems to users of krpano.

• Hi,

I have also Safari 5 installed but can't see any problem...
    what Flashplayer version do you have?
    Fullscreen problems are in the most cases related to the Flashplayer (for krpano is using the Fullscreen mode just to set a switch, nothing more),

best regards,
    Klaus

• what Flashplayer version do you have?
    Fullscreen problems are in the most cases related to the Flashplayer (for krpano is using the Fullscreen mode just to set a switch, nothing more),

Sorry for not giving more details before, forgot to tell more details.

INFO: krpano 1.0.8.11 (build 2010-05-31)
    INFO: Flashplayer MAC 10,0,45,2 PlugIn
    Safari version 5.0 (6533.16)

Apparently there is something wrong with Flash player inside Safari 5 but not sure what. Project opens nicely inside Opera 10.53 that uses same version of Flash plugin. Also tested with Firefox 3.6.3 and fullscreen mode worked nicely there.

So, hopefully Adobe fixes Flash to work better with latest version of Safari it that's the reason for problems. :(

• Tested on <contextmenu> but it didn't work at all:

Code
    <item caption="Open in fullscreen" onclick="switch(fullscreen);" />

Tested <item caption="FULLSCREEN" /> many times before but it didn't produce working menu entry either.

Strangely fullscreen mode works when set as option to button.

Code
    onclick="switch(fullscreen);

I really hope that this problem would be solved as it would be sad to rely on workarounds (=buttons) if <contextmenu> fails to work…

• Yes, I'm having the very same problem.

Using Safari 5.0.1 (6533.17.8) on Mac OS X 10.6.4.
    Flash Player Version: 10.1.52

Have been testing with at least 3+ computers and apparently bug is related to <contextmenu>
    as fullscreen mode would work from button but not from menu.

Same problem is visible in examples of krpano.com so it's not only about me…

––––•(-• zyON •-)•––––

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!