Problem with kProtect ENCRYPTION TOOL

• Hi,
    I have a problem with the encryption tool.

I did this.

1. create domain locked swf file with a embedded license with the
    kprotect and use it instead the normal krpano.swf

Until here it works great

2. encrypt the external xml files with the kprotect tool (Encryption
    Tool tab)

When i encrypt the XML files, they work perfect offline, but when i put them in my server i get this error:

http://puntadeleste360.com/hotelpalmadema….cifrado/t2.xml - xml-parser error: unterminated attribute (#1095) *confused*

i fixit,, by not encrypting the files, but then anybody can se my xml archives wehn i gave them to my final client.

Hope anybody can help, si i can ecrypt the files and put them online.

Best regards,

Nico

http://www.puntadeleste360.com

• Hi,

try using the latest version (1.0.8.12 or 1.0.8.14),

currently you were using the "krpano 1.0.8 beta 9 (build 2010-02-15)", there was a small and rare bug with the decryption, maybe that happen in your case...

best regards,
    Klaus

• It sounds like they are also using the already protected swf in the tool. I believe it is necessary to use an unaltered krpano.swf when using the kprotect tool. Am I correct here Klaus?

It sounds like they are also using the already protected swf in the tool. I believe it is necessary to use an unaltered krpano.swf when using the kprotect tool. Am I correct here Klaus?

yes, correct, but a modified krpano.swf should already produce an error when using the kprotect tool,

best regards,
    Klaus

• nope, in my case, i use a unmodified krpano.swf.
    I just "embed" this one with the general.xml in order to read the protected files (the original don't decrypt).

My version is indeed the 1.0.8.14 and the problem remain :/

• Hi,

could you post or send me your example or a link to it?

best regards,
    Klaus

Hi Klaus,

I'm experiencing a very close problem.
    Please, have a look:

http://www.marcolanciani.com/acquarioromano/animalia/

On the other side everything works ok locally offline.
    I'm using the last version of krpano.
    Let me know if you need more info and, in case of files, how o send them to you.

For me, the only way to have the Virtual Tour working is to embed all the encrypted non encrypted XMLs into the protected SWF file: it's ok for small VT but it might be a problem for huge Virtual Tours.
    Regards,

Marco

• Hi,

try uploading the global.xml with BINARY transfer in your ftp tool,

the encrypted xml is a binary file and when the ftp tool think it an ASCII file and then changes there some bytes inside it during uploading, it will not work anymore,

and it seems that this had happened, when looking the global.xml with a Hex-Editor there are a lot 0Dh 0Ah byte pairs (=code for a linebreak on Windows), they were building during the ASCII Windows/UNIX translation,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,

I'm now back from my vacation... I just tried to upload the XML files using the binary option, instead of ASCII, and it works!
    I use Filezilla to upload my files: XML files are set by default as an ASCII transfer. Can I safely delete them in preferences from the ASCII Transfer List?

Thanks,
    Marco

• I have even the basic understanding problems about krencrypt and krprotect.
    Is there a tutorial for dummies?!
    The only thing I can do is making encapsulated flash, exe or app, the only thing I would really need to do is to encrypt xmls for a web publishing, ipad and common flash (I had the html to point to 2 different xmls, since a cross compatible xml was beyond my capabilities). I'm trying all since 3 days, no way. Always black screen.
    Help!
    Luca Vascon.

• After you use the droplet, it will make a virtual tour for you.. with your license key embedded to the swf.
    This is one cause of the black screen.
    Another is uploading the encryped xml in asci when it should be binary format.
    Another is using command line krprotect.. this makes a swf file, not an xml, you should use kencrypt.
    If you email me a link to your project I can take a look.

• After you use the droplet, it will make a virtual tour for you.. with your license key embedded to the swf.
    This is one cause of the black screen.

?!?!?! :-O Please, explain me this one!!
    I did not upload anything encrypted yet...

But should I only encrypt the files? or also generate an SWF?
    I have many external xml files attatched. Should they be all encrypted? I must let out some for other web developers to modify.

again thanx. Luca.
    p.s. info at myusername dot com is my mail

• generating a swf is the preferred way. encrypted xml's don't offer much protection when outside the swf.

If anyone is going to modify anything, have them modify everything before you encrypt it.

Create your working html/xml project first
    open krprotect exe, select your xml file, set your placeholders if you used them.
    Set the output format to swf, disable javascript interface
    generate protected file.

Lost, even more!!!
    *g*
    Ok, when I setup the krprotect tool..
    In the SETUP tab I put licence and a
    "base Krpano.SWF"
    What in the hell is it?

1. - the original "krpano.swf" of the "viewer" folder?
    2. - the original "krpano.swf" name changed in "mytour.swf"?
    3. the "mytour.swf" that comes from the droplet?
    4. the "mytour.swf" that comes from the droplet whose name has to be changed in "krpano.swf"?

Then: My tour has 2 base xmls: "ntour" for flash and "nitour.xml" for ipads.

How I deal with it?

Krpano protect can:
    Make a big swf including it all (but no ipads
    Make a .exe and .app (not needed this time)

But can it encrypt stuff WITHOUT embedding it in the .swf or having to "generate protected files?"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!