Is Flash used on 'Mobile' tours?

• Hi,

I'm not the most 'modern' person when it comes to internet on mobile/cell phones so hope to get some advice from anyone that is please. I currently have a LG Rumour 2 on a PAYG plan and never use it for the internet.

I give the visitor the option to choose the 'Mobile Tour' or the 'Main Tour'.

For the mobile tour the code below works well as I test it on the iPod Touch (I do have one of those) but my main concern is viewing on smart phones like the Nexus One and the Blackberry, plus anything else that has a screen big enough to view a 360 image.

If the phone is flash capable, does it automatically load the <!-- flash viewer --> code or does it load the <!-- mobile phone / iphone images --> code?

If it chooses the mobile phone code then I can completely remove the flash from the xml file as I have a separate Main Tour for that with higher res cubes, hotspots, combobox, textfields etc.

<krpano version="1.0.8">
    <view hlookat="0" vlookat="0"/>
    <display details="22" />

<view fovtype="MFOV" fov="85" fovmin="80" fovmax="90" />
    <control touchfriction="0.89" />

<image type="CUBE">

<!-- flash viewer -->
    <left url="panos/mobile/01_l.jpg" />
    <front url="panos/mobile/01_f.jpg" />
    <right url="panos/mobile/01_r.jpg" />
    <back url="panos/mobile/01_b.jpg" />
    <up url="panos/mobile/01_u.jpg" />
    <down url="panos/mobile/01_d.jpg" />

<!-- mobile phone / iphone images -->
    <mobile>
    </mobile>

<!-- tablet pc / ipad images -->
    <tablet>
    <left url="panos/tablet/01_l.jpg" />
    <front url="panos/tablet/01_f.jpg" />
    <right url="panos/tablet/01_r.jpg" />
    <back url="panos/tablet/01_b.jpg" />
    <up url="panos/tablet/01_u.jpg" />
    <down url="panos/tablet/01_d.jpg" />
    </tablet>

</image>

</krpano>

I look forward to any advice please.

Thanks,

Andrew

• Hi,

If it chooses the mobile phone code then I can completely remove the flash from the xml file as I have a separate Main Tour for that with higher res cubes, hotspots, combobox, textfields etc.

there are currently no mobile phones with a flashplayer 10.1 available and therefore krpano hasn't been adopted for it yet,
    but when only want to use the iphone/ipad viewer then no, the flash images were not needed,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks for the info Klaus.

Are the lastest smart phones/Blackberry's not capable of loading the java option as the iphone/ipad do? I know 10.1 is obviously going to be the key viewer but I'm starting a big tour in June or July and the client wants a separate' mobile tour' for the smaller devices. There will be no need for any plugins as it's just a normal 360 degree image so java would be ideal.

I was hoping the code below would be picked up by a large percentage of devices and not just Apple's boxes of tricks?

<!-- mobile phone / iphone images -->
    <mobile>
    </mobile>

Thanks,

Andrew

• Hi,

please don't mix up Java and Javascript!
    these are two completely different things

the current krpano >Javascript< viewer uses the 3D CSS extensions which are currently only available in the Apple Safari Browsers,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!