krpano 1.0.8.10

• Hi,

krpano 1.0.8.10 have been released

First - here are the news, which I think were the most requested ones in the last days:
    krpano is ready for the iPhone / iPad

To get krpano working there, I have written a complete new Javascript based viewer
    (krpanoJS, the krpanoiphone.js).

It reads and parses the same xml files as the Flash based viewer. At the moment only a few subset is supported, but the plans are to extend it step by step to get also the most other features (actions, plugin images, hotspots) working there.

For displaying the panos the Apple Safari Wekbit 3D CSS extensions are used. They work currently only in the Mobile and Mac Safari Browsers. The possibilities with that 3D CSS are limited, so no little planet or fisheye effects are possible, but it's 'good enough' for displaying cubical panos.

And maybe if an alternative (real) 3D API will become available in the future (maybe WebGL), then it should be an easy step to replace just the rendering backend of the viewer.

More details about the iPhone/iPad viewer in the link above, and to test it - just visit the krpano webpage with your iPhone/iPad and watch the panos there.

Now back to krpano Flash viewer news:

• the beta state have been removed: 1.0.8 beta 10 => 1.0.8.10
    • the main reason for the beta state was the not updated documentation, and my plans were to release the new documentation now together with this release, but unfortunately there were some unexpected delays during updating. So it was skipped again, but it's now ready to 90% and I hope to be able to release it next week.
    • it's now possible to use multiple-frames together with multi-resolution:

• in the image urls there is the new %f placeholder for the current frame number
      • and there is the image.frame variable for dynamically controlling the frame number
      • this can be used for object movies - here an example
      • or for panos like that - multi-frame-pano example
      • new droplets for easy usage are included (MAKE OBJECT, MAKE MULTIFRAME)
    • the swfkrpano.js and swfkrpanomousewheel.js scripts have been much improved,
      now the mouse wheel should work correctly everywhere and also with different wmode settings.
    • there is a first, but still experimental interface, for loading krpano in other Flash applications
      (see the included .fla example).
    • more details about the other news in the release notes file and especially also soon in the new documentation.

Some notes about the licenses:

• there was unfortunately too much confusion about the domain and tools licenses, so they were removed now to reduce the confusing hopefully, the old licenses will still work, they are just not available for purchasing anymore.
    • the Unlimited Domain License have been renamed to krpano License.

Have fun!

best regards,
    Klaus

• WOH !!! what an update !!! this is amazing - I LOVE the multi-frame example. Gonna have to learn how to shoot it - I am not sure i understand how it was done ? but this is mega exciting.

Thank you soooo much Klaus !!!!

Best wishes,

tom

• Where can I buy stock in Klaus Inc. ? *g*

Great Release, finally someone is doing the iPhone/iPad 360 thing RIGHT! - - NO app for that, your web site just works again - !!!!!

Thanks Klaus!

Does the iKlaus *thumbsup* work with Kprotect?

Regards,

Robert

• I miss the upgrade path from krpano+krpanotools domain to unlimited

best
    Paul

ps: irgendwie verhakt sich das Forum (Firefox, Win7), diesen Thread kann ich nicht sehen, wenn ich auf "News" gehe

• hallo klaus,

hab gerade mal den ersten iphone versuch gemacht - mit dem droplet supereasy - respekt & klasse!!

so wie ich es an deinen beispielen erkenne, werden die features, die auf dem iphone noch nicht laufen einfach ignoriert,

wie z.b. hotspots, kamarafahrten, etc. - d.h. ich brauche letztendlich nur 1 xml-datei.

jetzt weiß ich ja, was ich übers wochenende mache *thumbsup*

markus

• WOH !!! what an update !!! this is amazing - I LOVE the multi-frame example. Gonna have to learn how to shoot it - I am not sure i understand how it was done ? but this is mega exciting.

Hi Tom,

You can ask me, I shot the Toyota example *g*
    More examples with enhanced features can be found on my website: http://www.streetwalk360.com

Regards,
    Thomas

• hallo klaus,

habe mit krprotect eine swf gemacht, da sind drin aufgeführt:

meine xml, krpano.swf, die normale lizenz und die beiden iphone js dateien - das ganze auf eine domain limitiert.

pc klappt - iphone bekomme ich die meldung lizenz error.

wie kann ich denn die iphon lizenz schützen?

markus

• Hi,

I miss the upgrade path from krpano+krpanotools domain to unlimited

such path is already planed, it should come during the next week.

so wie ich es an deinen beispielen erkenne, werden die features, die auf dem iphone noch nicht laufen einfach ignoriert,

ja, momentan werden nur wenige Einstellungen ausgewertet, aber es ist geplant das dass nach und nach immer mehr wird,

Does the iKlaus *thumbsup* work with Kprotect?

wie kann ich denn die iphon lizenz schützen?

no, sorry, there is no possibility yet to use kprotect in any way with it,
    kprotect was designed for packing the files to Flash .swf file,

maybe I will add a possibility to create domain locked .js viewer files,
    with the license (and maybe also the xml) inside it, but packing the images
    inside a .js files is not sense-full,

here the Flashplayer just provides better possibilites,

but note - the licenses are personalized, you can read your name in it,
    or when pressing the small 'ball' in the right bottom corner,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Tom,

You can ask me, I shot the Toyota example *g*
    More examples with enhanced features can be found on my website: http://www.streetwalk360.com

Regards,
    Thomas

finally been revealed.... :) thank you....

and klaus.. is there any special or future programme for krpano License and is there any plan to totally disable or delete the unlimited domain license & krpano tools license ? just curious bout this option...

anyway thank you for GREAT Final output.. :)

• this is great news! may i have one more humble request? would it be possible to include docs in release download?
    thanks!

c.

edit:
    ps. and would it be possible to turn off automatic iphone detect/redirect?

• would it be possible to include docs in release download?

I second that. Of course he released it this time with the documentation not complete. Perhaps when it is complete, have it downloadable or searchable on one page. While I understand that the subject matter should be separated, I would love to be able to search all documentation at once too.

Jarred

• This is really great Klaus, thank you!

I think this new multiframe capability is going to set the new standard for panos moving forward. This capability, combined with the programming interface of krpano, will open new vistas for panoramas (no pun intended). I'm very excited to see the creative things people will do with this.

This is going to change the way I shoot panoramas, that's for sure!

steve

• Hi,

and klaus.. is there any special or future programme for krpano License and is there any plan to totally disable or delete the unlimited domain license & krpano tools license ? just curious bout this option...

I'm not sure what you mean, only the seperate domain and tools license were removed,
    the krpano license (=unlimited domain license) includes all - the tools license, and if you want a domain lock, that can be made with the kprotect tool,

ps. and would it be possible to turn off automatic iphone detect/redirect?

just remove the krpanoiphone.js, or what do you mean?

I would love to be able to search all documentation at once too.

there will be a 'quick reference' for documentation

best regards,
    Klaus

• Thank you for your continued hard work. You are providing the features that enable me to do something magical instead of having to write programs. Thank you : )

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!