Security issues with CD/DVD tour

• I read that to use the krpano Panorama Viewer locally the security settings of the Flash player must be adapted.

I know it's a flash issue and not just the player but I wanted to present a tour 'only' on cd/dvd so was wondering if all the security settings would scare off regular users? If it would then I'm thinking about just knocking the project on the head as I want it to be as easy as possible for non techies.

Has anyone already completed such a project and managed to get it to play from a cd/dvd/flash stick without a warning popping up?

Thanks,

Andrew

• As of now I am trying to figure out how to create a tour, I am lost!! But I can tell you from my experience of making CD Flash content (Flash CS4), you generate .exe (for PC) and .app (for Mac). Don't know if it helps, I remember seeing option in krprotect (I am on a Mac). *wink*

• Thanks for the replies.

I'll look into the .exe and .app file as I've never even considered that before. There will be no call to anything online as it will all be self contained so that is good news.

What part are you currently stuck on yoshiharra? I've made several other tours with krpano so may have xml code you could use or just look at which may help.

Andrew

• Hi yoshiharra,

Sorry, been busy all week with my regular job. Weekend is here at last so I can switch to cameras and V tours mode which is what we all really like best *smile*

Will sort out your files tomorrow and email a zip. If you don't have anything by Sunday check your gmail spam box.

Andrew

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!