loading a new xml with pano

• Hi

I just started experimenting with making an interface and in this case I wanted each pano to be loaded by loading a new xml for each.
    Each pano has its own folder with html, xml and default skin.

Here is a link.
    http://www.360-foto.dk/carlbloch/

However it looks like KRPano does not load a new skin as I am used to.
    In first place I am loading it from a combobox.
    The only setting that it takes from the new xml is the view.
    Autorotation specified in the first xml is inherited to all panoramas.
    And no new skin is loaded, as you can see the Title at the bottom left is not changed when loading from the combobox.

I am used to that a new XML is always completely loaded with all its components.

Another weird thing is that if you load a new pano while in fullscreen you loose the exit fullscreen option.
    The button does not work any more.

Hans Nyberg

• Ok now I got it. the keep="true" works opposite to its function.

You actually has to set keep"false" to get it loaded. Well perhaps someone can interprete it that way.

Well it does make sense for the one I need to reload.

Now I just ned to get back the exit fullscreen button.

Hans

• Hans,

It appears you are reloading the default_skin.xml in every pano. this automatically resets the original settings, for example, the fullscreen issue happens because once it reloads the skin the command is to go fullscreen again.

Try loading the skin in only the first pano and then in the following xmls declare the new file path for your title plugin.

• ok, I see what you are doing with each folder and you have a default_skin in each folder. But the plugin

<plugin name="title" url="%SWFPATH%/skin/title.png" automatically calls for the first title since it is to the ="%SWFPATH%/. The path is to the .swf that was called in the first folder by the html. Even though you may have a krpano.swf in each folder, it still calls for the one called by the html originally. As for the full screen, my above comments are still correct. If you reload the skin, it will reset the buttons to their original settings.

• Yes I have discovered that weird paths which Krpano creates.

After changing them to standard relative paths it all works.
    Whats the idea of this. They do work for loading individual panos from the generated html/xml's
    I am not familiar with this way of setting the paths.

Hans

• Hans,

It appears you are reloading the default_skin.xml in every pano. this automatically resets the original settings, for example, the fullscreen issue happens because once it reloads the skin the command is to go fullscreen again.

Try loading the skin in only the first pano and then in the following xmls declare the new file path for your title plugin.

Well the problem was actually that it did not reload the new skin.
    I can not find any option for doing that. There are only options for each individual plugin.

But it must be a way of setting the fullscreen button correct also if you reload it.''

Hans

• well, I don't know Klaus's reasonings but it only requires one .swf loading and one html page.

Of course I know that. I done FPP for 3 years.

But in this case for several reasons I also wanted each pano to work independent with its own html.
    Ii would be nice if there was a general option to call a new xml so that all its content was loaded.
    Now I just need to find out if there is a similar way for the autorotation. The keep="true" settings do not work for that

Hans

• Hans one thing i noticed is that your tour works perfectly while using the combobox for selection it updates itself but when you use the html links at the bottom the combobox selection is not updated that way. if you used the onxmlcomplete event to set the combobox to match the scene being viewed if the html links are used instead of the combobox itself. Make 1 for each scene and place it in each scenes xml.

<events onxmlcomplete="plugin[combobox].selectitem(combobox:Odense 1);" /> ...

<events onxmlcomplete="plugin[combobox].selectitem(combobox:Ugerlose);" />

at one point there was a bug with combobox and having to use capitol letters if you have any isses check with that.

• Thanks, thats nice to know, but this is not an interface supposed to be used like this. The links to the individual pages are there now just for testing.

If I should use it in a larger scale they will not be there . There will just be some hidden links for Google to search them.

There is another issue with the combobox I simply can not figure out. It does no display Caps.
    My action look like this
    <action name="combobox: Odense 1">
    loadpano(../odense1/1.xml,null,MERGE,BLEND(1));
    </action>

But that is not what I get. I get this: odense 1
    The xml is saved as UTF10 which is the standard. Perhaps it needs to have it specified in the header.

Hans

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!