Beginner tester -> vertically partial panorama -> make pano (multires) droplet -> looks like no spherification is added

• I dled new beta version of krpano and krpano tools. I made an image with autopano giga and dropped it on make pano droplet. I answered that it's a partial pano (full pano wouldn't start working due to image not being 2:1) and it is spherically stitched. Result: looks like it's just flat rendered image and I can't rotate over 360 degrees.

I think I can get over the 360 degree rotation by tampering with xml files, but I need to know how to make the projection spherical. Plus I'd like to know what are the benefits of cubing a spherical image.

- Ville V.

Edit:

I tampered a bit with multires config and got this: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ugp6au It's better now, but it's still too round. I didn't use panohead nor a tripod, so there are stitching errors, but nm that. Is the roundness related to nadir or..?

Edit 2: Too bad I can't test things online without fully licensed krpano. Seems wordpress had some issues with autopano flash, but I suppose krpano should embed fine online.

Edited 2 times, last by pesaekka (April 20, 2010 at 4:40 PM).

• Hi,

the horizon of your source pano image is not in the center of the image,
    therefore this distortion,

but you can add a "voffset" setting that shifts the pano image up or down
    to correct that,

e.g. add that setting in the xml:
    <image type="SPHERE" multires="true" tilesize="858" voffset="6">

to a cubical pano you need a 360x180 image first,
    in Autopano you can select full projection range / 360x180 in the crop settings),

a cubical pano has better quality and faster rendering,

the limiting of the view to avoid looking at the 'empty' areas, can be done
    manually in the xml by setting the vlookatmin/vlookatmax values,

e.g. (the numbers are just examples)

Code
    <view limitview="range" vlookatmin="-60" vlookatmax="+60" />

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!