Placing plugins under the krpano player area

• With the addition of the new area tag, I had some ideas for exposing content underneath the panorama. However, it seems that all plugins are placed in a layer above the panorama. Is it possible to place plugins in a layer below the panorama? I thought setting a plugins parent to STAGE would do this, but it doesn't seem to work.

• Graydon,

I had tried negative zorder on the plugins before I remembered that the flash model did not support negative zorder like CSS. So I tried setting zorder on area and krpano and view elements. Some caused parse errors (those elements cannot be extended like plugins) or simply did not work. Additionally, my testing shows that zorder does not work for plugins whose parent is STAGE. Those plugins appear over top of all other plugins whether you set zorder or not.

It seems krpano must place all plugins in a single DisplayObject layer if their parent is not STAGE and all plugins whose parent is STAGE are placed in a separate layer above the pano and zorder is only valid for that layer.

I think the hierarchy looks like this:

panorama area
    plugin layer
    ---->plugins
    stage plugin layer
    ---->plugins

or maybe:

panorama area
    ---->plugin layer
    -------->plugins
    stage plugin layer
    ---->plugins

In either case, the plugins have a separate zorder, so plugins attached to stage will be on top of everything else.

• Hi kyle,

I thought setting a plugins parent to STAGE would do this, but it doesn't seem to work.

Yes, the way to do is setting the plugins using parent="STAGE".... It must work... *wink*

.....all plugins will also be automatically aligned inside this area,
    but to aligned a plugin/image outside of it, set the "parent" attribute
    of this plugin to "STAGE" (but note some plugins, like the googlemaps one will require an update to get this working).....

Have a look here for more references: http://www.krpano.com/forum/wbb/inde…D=8693#post8693

SAlut.

• FYI, Klaus has sent me copies of Googlemaps.swf and videoplayer.swf that will work with parent set to stage. I do not know if the versions inside the latest package have been updated yet. If anyone needs them send me a PM.

• Hi kyle,

Yes, the way to do is setting the plugins using parent="STAGE".... It must work... *wink*

Have a look here for more references: http://www.krpano.com/forum/wbb/inde…D=8693#post8693

SAlut.

michel, I can set parent to stage, and it is attached to the stage. My problem is that zorder does not work then. So I cannot put the plugin under the pano area.

FYI, Klaus has sent me copies of Googlemaps.swf and videoplayer.swf that will work with parent set to stage. I do not know if the versions inside the latest package have been updated yet. If anyone needs them send me a PM.

Well, the plugin in question is the googlemaps plugin. I'm not sure if I have the latest version, but I'd love to have a copy of yours.

• Hi kyle,

*huh* Sorry, I just understand now that your request refers to a plugin underneath the panorama itself *wacko* .... I have tried to zorder the area as Graydon already pointed out but it does not work... So, I do not know... Sorry...

SAlut

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!