Very basic questions

• Forgive my ignorance, but I have some very basic questions. As I understand it, krpano is a viewer, which is to say that it is something that I would need to embed on my webpage to display virtual tours, for example. So the visitor's browser must have the Flash Player plugin installed, and I must provide the krpano player. My first question is can the krpano player/viewer play ANY virtual tour that was created in Flash? What if I used some other software to stitch my panos together and create the flash output. Will it still play in the krpano viewer?

• You can use whatever software to stitch the images that you want. However, only tours written in the krpano "language" can be used in the viewer. In short, you cannot use output XML files from another GUI unless it writes output in the krpano language, (which I believe Autopano Pro is the only official one at this time). There are a few people working on a GUI and have mentioned them here. I have not tested them and know nothing about them.

Edit: Here is a link.

http://www.autopano.net/en/photo-stitc…ons/krpano.html

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Jarredja (14. April 2010 um 20:23)

• Thanks! Sorry, I don't think I fully understand the softwares yet. I thought you could just convert a pano image into a movie clip in flash, stitch it by placing one movie clip inside another, and use actionscript to copy to image (duplicateMovieClip) and drag it around (startDrag). You can get fancy, but these are the basics and should play in any flash player, no? Am I totally confused? What do these players provide beyond a different skin? I think that's what I don't understand (at least)...

• you are totally confused. none of the major 3 flash players work like that. no movies clips are created. you simply take any 2:1 images. By 2:1 i mean the length is twice as long as the width. i.e. 10000x5000 pixels or 5000x2500 pixels. take that image and drop it onto kmakemultirez from the krpano tools it will cut the large image up into numerous pieces and export the xml and html page for you to preview. from there you add your own tweaks to the xml file to make hotspots and plugins and interaction.

to make your 2:1 image you will need stichting software that krpano does not provide. depending on your camera and lens you will need anywhere from 3 - 24 shots to create a full 2:1. use either PTGui or autopano.

• I told you I was confused... This is what happens when a little information gets in the wrong hands. I went to this site: http://www.harlands.com/article.php?id=00049. There's a tutorial to create a simple interactive flash pano with some minor actionscript. I thought the output of that was a flash file that could be played in any player like JW Player or one of the Acrobat players. What are the 3 major flash players you are referring to? krpany, easypano, and...? ...or were you referring to something else? Sorry. My hope is that my dumb questions might also be helpful to someone else.

• 1. krpano - IMO the most tweakable but there is no polished GUI right now so you need to be able to understand xml. GUI editors are coming there are just none that i would concider a full product but we will have one soon.
    2. flash panorama player w/ flashificator - 2 separate softwares but FCC if the GUI for FPP takes some of the need out of learning code.
    3. pano2vr - great player for basic tours. you can make skins and hotspots it is just not as easy.

those are what most people would concider the top 3. 90% of all flash tours use 1 of those 3. check panoguide.com for more robust discussions on what software to use. although at that website most of the users are FPP + FCC users and always find a way to nitpick at krpano.

if you want software you will not grow out of start with krpano. if your desire is to make fast, quick tours without learning code FPP+FCC might be your ticket. krpano is updated constantly and Klaus is active in his forums. FPP has not had a version update in months and many quiestions go unanswered by the creator it is a strictly user driven platform.

• Awesome thanks... This is super helpful. I should be more clear with my intention however. I'm trying to understand because I'm interested in learning about hosting different virtual tours on a website. With flash movies it's easy. Embed a flash player and play any flash file. With virtual tours, it seems like I would have to host all of the major players, detect which VT file type has been uploaded, and then use the correct player on the webpage. OR, I pick a side and choose a player and only display those file types. I was hoping that there was a generic player able to play any flash VT, independent of software used to create it.

• there are lots of site that are doing what you want to try. it will be hard to become a big enough site for tour creators to decide to upload to yours. in addition it may be to ambituos to attempt to let people upload a tour from various different softwares. 360cities only lets users upload the 2:1 images they are converted automaticaly by 360cities into what you see on the site. it uses krpano as the player. do you have people lined up to contribute to such a site or are you hoping tour creators will do so?

• I actually already have the site and more than enough traffic. I'm just trying to understand the technology to provide the best experience for my visitors. These are not mine, but don't sites like Move.com, Zillow.com, Realtor.com, etc. allow you to post virtual tours? Do they have to host all of the different pano players? If so, just seems like a pain...

• From my experience, a lot of the realty sites iframe the "virtual tours".

The agent only has to submit a link to where the tour is hosted.

For example, the local mls site does this...

Code
    <iframe style="border:hidden; height:600px; width:800px" src="http://link.tothetour.com/whatever/elsecan/gohere/etc"></iframe>

And in the case of realtor.com... they use that "red house" icon and just link to the "tour" to show in a resizeable pop-up window.

It will vary from mls to mls... but for it to be compatible across all of the systems... the agent is only submitting a link to the tour... then each site displays it however they like.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!