Questions about video - loading progress, rtmp source, other stuff

• hi

I managed to get video to load by clicking on a TV screen in the pano. The view zooms in and a loading spinner appears on the TV screen, then replaced with video that begins playing. Clicking screen again stops and removes video, like switching off the TV. Im happy to achieve this with my early attempts!

Some questions for taking things further, I hope not too many questions...

1. Is it possible to have a loading progress bar for videos? Can we get the bytes loaded of video files that are loaded into the pano?

2. Can the video source be an rtmp:// flash streaming link? Would be amazing if possible! How can we get this?!!

3. Can the pano image file be located on another server? Such as an image hosting site?

4. Can the video be located on a video sharing site? If not, can we embed an iframe or HTML page in the flash pano, and this iframe would contain the HTML page with the video embed code in it? Seems unfair that HTML pages can embed video from external sites, but flash has a security policy??

5. Can I disable right click? Is it because of the "About KR Pano" item? If so, sorry to ask, but how much does it cost to have control over the right click menu? Clients can be fussy sometimes! I would always put krpano credits in the xml and html code though, if that's the issue.

6. Thanks!

• 1. the videos should stream there should not be a need for a progress indicator.
    2. no idea
    3. no idea
    4. no idea
    5. Yes you can buy the branding free license that will remove the krpano in the right click menu. it cost alot more than the viewer but it is an option if you want.

sorry not much help there.

• Hi,

1. Is it possible to have a loading progress bar for videos? Can we get the bytes loaded of video files that are loaded into the pano?

currently not,
    the videoplayer plugin doesn't have interfaces for that yet,

2. Can the video source be an rtmp:// flash streaming link? Would be amazing if possible! How can we get this?!!

I think not...
    I don't have experiences with rtmp:// videos,

3. Can the pano image file be located on another server? Such as an image hosting site?

yes, but you need to have a crossdomain.xml on the other server,

4. Can the video be located on a video sharing site? If not, can we embed an iframe or HTML page in the flash pano, and this iframe would contain the HTML page with the video embed code in it? Seems unfair that HTML pages can embed video from external sites, but flash has a security policy??

it depends on the video sharing side, if it has a crossdomain.xml file and allows it, then yes..
    embedding an iframe into flash is not possible, but you can overlap the pano with a html element,
    but I wouldn't recommend that, because that will decrease the rendering performance and can
    make problems with several browsers,

5. Can I disable right click? Is it because of the "About KR Pano" item? If so, sorry to ask, but how much does it cost to have control over the right click menu? Clients can be fussy sometimes! I would always put krpano credits in the xml and html code though, if that's the issue.

yes, like already answerd, via the branding free license

best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks for the replies.

Zitat

1. the videos should stream there should not be a need for a progress indicator.

But it's not technically "streaming", it's "progressive download" like youtube - you can pause the video and the remainder will keep loading, therefore a loading progress indicator would be useful. Real streaming video (such as rtmp flash streaming) does not keep loading when paused.

Interesting about the brand-free license. To be honest, that's very expensive, and I expected that to be in the unlimited domain license I already purchased. There must be a way to disable right click without paying 299 euros. I really like this flash viewer, but it wasn't explained up front about the branding when I purchased. This is the first I have heard about it, and I have looked around a lot on this site!

Money makes the panoramas go 'round hey.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!