Need the PRO version to embeded Simple Viewer in krpano!

• Hi all!

Although I knew it was possible to embed Simple Viewer successfully inside Krpano, none of my clients were very impress with this feature. Finally ,I've fount one who would like to use it! So I decided to give it a go.

Because the client would like to manage the photographs himself, I decided to try the option which photos can be added from Flickr galleries. Everything looked fine until I tested it.

See example and click in the button to show the gallery.

I need to upgrade to the PRO version? That was really annoying! The old simple viewer version can be embedded in krpano.

Old version example

But if I want to use the latest version, I need to buy the pro!
    So I was considering to buy the Pro version , but after reading their documentation I don't think that has anything to do with the way it will be embed in krpano.

My question is: Is anyone using the latest Simple Viewer Pro version with krpano?
    Do I actually have to buy the PRO?

Thank you very much in advance!

• i think Milo has used the pro version. i think i still have the version that works in krpano now, maybe i can find the install package and upload it for you. I will check my files when i get home. Otherwise i have not ran into this as i just keep using when i downloaded in the past and it still works.

• The last post I saw from Milo said he had used the v1.9 that he got in the simpleviewer pro download that he purchased.

edit:
    I don't think he was able to get the newest version working. After I reread your first post, I realized you didn't want v.1.9. and on the last example you posted, it is still using version 2.0.3. (but that is what you want anyway.)

Definitely check with Milo before purchasing.

Here is the link where he discussed the simpleviewer.
    http://www.krpano.com/forum/wbb/inde…11907#post11907

Edited 2 times, last by Jarredja (April 14, 2010 at 7:45 PM).

• Thanks!

It works! It loads 20 images from Flickr tagged with the word "school"

Example

Some interesting facts:

I needed to place gallery.xml in the same directory as the HTML file. I tried to change the loading path so I can put it anywhere:

Code
    set(plugin[gallery].url,%HTMLPATH%/files/gallery/simpleviewer.swf?xmlDataPath=files/gallery/gallery.xml);

But it ignores it!

In gallery.xml file I needed to add the following option:

Code
    useFixedLayout="true"

Other whise it goes crazy and loads simple viewer on the top left corner and makes the main photograph very small.

Still it needs some tweaking, but geting it working is a very big step forward!

Thank you very much everybody!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!