Multi Resolution 360 panoramas

• This is my first post to the forum and please excuse if I am
    mistakenly in the wrong section.

I have been taking VR panos for several years since I
    started the Nikon 950 and 8mm fish-eye lens and Live Picture stitching
    software. I now use a Nikon D200, Manfrotto pan head, Tokina 10-17mm zoom,
    fish-eye lens, Autopano Giga2 for the stitching and Pano2VR and Panorama2Flash
    for creating of a web based Flash panorama.

I am getting good results (here are some examples from a recent trip to
    Northern California (http://www.digitalsandiego.com/photoGallery/p…xCaVRpanos.html
    ) but I always felt very limited in the size and quality of pano I could create and
    display on the web.

I recently discovered the KRpano web site and am intrigued
    by how panos can be created with the different tools especially with the
    multi-resolution capabilities of the software that I see in some examples.

I have read the separate sections of the web site and many
    posts but none really cover concisely how to get started with the KRpano
    software and exactly how I can integrate it into my current work flow. Or am I missing something critical in
    understanding the process? I need a
    manual or such that describes the step-by-step procedures in creating a
    multi-resolution panorama from the digital images I am able to created given by
    above equipment.

Does a source exist that I can download maybe a .pdf or such
    so I can read and study the process and software to find if purchasing the
    KRpano software is a good investment and would work for me? It really seems as if this is exactly what I
    have been looking for, but I cannot seem to understand how to get started and
    use my equipment to create a final multi-resolution panorama.

I apologize if my lengthy post seems boring and repetitive,
    but if someone help me the answers I need, I would be extremely grateful to
    find out that I too can create such beautiful multi-resolution panoramas.

I thank you in advance for your time and consideration. I anxiously await your reply.

Robert Lawrence, owner – Digital San Diego – webmaster@digitalsandiego.com

• First things first. Download both the krpano viewer and krpano tools. You are free to use them and experiment with them. The only limitations (that I know of) are the images are watermarked and will not work online, but will work locally.

Now, if you are a windows user, ( I don't know exactly how it varies with a Mac ) take your equirectangular output from Autopano Stitcher and put it in a blank folder. Then right click and copy. Open the krpano tools folder and find the .bat file that matches what you are wanting and then right click and paste. Watch the tools work it's magic. It will create all of the xml and html. However, it is based on a template. Once you learn how you want something set up, the template can be changed to automatically output what you want. Otherwise, you hand code as you want. I am told Autopano also offers a Krpano option that allows you to do some things with their program but if you want customization, you will need to learn the language.

The current documentation is current for the official release 1.0.7. This forum has lots of info and the release notes in each beta also discuss the newest features of the software. Once the beta is officially released, I believe the documentation will be updated.

In the krpano viewer download, there is an example folder. You can study the code for each option and get the feel for the xml coding.

Welcome to the forum, there are some great teachers here.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Jarredja (12. April 2010 um 04:12)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!