Radar with multiple masks

• Hi

Newbee here, so don't find my questions stupid. There will be probably many good candidates for...

So..I am lerning and stucked trying to make multiple masks for radar plugin.

<plugin name="mapmask" url="map_mask.png" keep="true"
    parent="map"
    enabled="false"/>

I have map_mask_1.png and map_mask_2.png that should change from Scene1 and Scene2.

Tried example with:

Scene1...

<plugin name="mapmask" url="map_mask_1.png" parent="map" enabled="true" onloaded="updatemask(get(name));" />

Scene2...

<plugin name="mapmask" url="map_mask_2.png" parent="map" enabled="true" onloaded="updatemask(get(name));" />

<action name="updatemask">
    set(plugin[radar].mask, %1);
    </action>

but no luck....

Please help or post some xml to learn faster with example of switching masks.

Thanks in advance.

Anton

• Thanks for hint. How it is working

In your example: Scene text is dispayed only on first scene. When switching to next scene via hotspots than works ok, but when using mappoint in mapimage/radar than not. What´s the catch. Any alternative to onstart? How to start in anytime scene is called?

<scene name="scene1" onstart="action(startscene);">

<action name="startscene">
    showtext(Scene Text, infostyle);
    action(activatespot,scene1, 270);
    </action>

• Even newbe I will try to help you.
    Key is in changing mapmask in every scene. What I did wrong at the beggining was that my PNG was not correct. I tried to hide layer in PSP when exporting mask in PNG. That was wrong. Now I open main map, create new layer for mask, create selection, fill it with white, delete main layer with map, export mask as png and than undo delete last layer to keep them all in one psd for later usage.

I am updating mask like this:

<!-- SET RADAR MASK -->
    set(plugin[mapmask].url,"%HTMLPATH%/images/mapmask_mask1.png" );
    action(updatemask);
    action(activatespot, mappoint_room1_tour2,180);

Hope this help. If not than gurues will jump in.
    regards

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!