Palais de l'Univers et des Sciences

• Hi,

Here is my last big project virtual tour 360, it is the "Palace of the Universe and Sciences" (Palais de l'Univers et des Sciences in french) at Dunkerque (France), is a science museum with a digital planetarium has just opened a few months ago.

Technically, there are 57 spherical panoramas (10,000 * 5.000) and 77 videos. Photographs are shot with an Olympus E-30/Zuiko 8mm fisheye

It's there : http://www.riphur.net/Visite.php?id=7
    At the beginning of the visit is "OUI" to switch to full screen, "NON" to stay in windowed.

Bonne balade *wink*

Some screenshot :

• wow lots to see there. i wanted to explore more but i hate the mouse settings you have. it is not standard to what 90% of Virtual tours use. it makes it confusing for naviagtion. maybe make it so the user can choose which mouse type they like. i even just now went back to give it a second chance and i just cannot use that mouse type without getting frusterated.

• Très envoutante visite, les transitions sont habiles et le rendu général de haut niveau ! Bravo *thumbsup* Mais je trouve que l'effet fisheye par défaut déforme trop l'image , le curseur de déplacement déroutant, et le fov max un peu trop prononcée avec pertes de détails... et poids!

translation Google:
    Very captivating visit, the transitions are clever and rendering high-level general! Bravo!!! But I think the fisheye effect by default too distorted image, move cursor confusing, and the max fov a bit too steep losses with details ... and weight!

• Hi Riphur,

My nose at 20 cm of the screen *g* ... scrutinizing all the details, information panels and greats videos...
    I would have liked more interactivity to make the panels more readable *rolleyes* ...
    The background music enhances the feeling of a great adventure travel. I never tire of it ... and the volume is remarkably well managed in sync with the videos ...
    The syncronized videos are just *thumbsup* ....
    There are projects who, like this one, should complete of satisfaction their author.. Am I right?
    I love this project. CONGRATULATION *attention* *thumbup*

Some little notes:

• As others, I do not like the DRAG control *sad* ... (note, your right click option to change control type has effect only for the current pano..)
    • You can enhance the Astronomie menu, avoiding the text cursor in using the textfield attribute selectable="false":
      Code
      <plugin name="...."
      url="%SWFPATH%/plugins/textfield.swf"
      selectable="false"
      />

Also, there is no menu to Géologie, Terre et vie and Anthropologie ?

• The first arrow of the guided visit seems to stop working when finishing the tour and back to the bigining and also when navigating using the Astonomie menu... Strange *sad* ...

Felicitacions... ce tour est passionnant... "Pour quel avenir?"... *wink*

SAlut...

• Very nice tour. I love the video, music, hotspots, and transitions.

• The music does not start over when you transition to the next pano which is good.
    • The hotspots do not distract you from the pano

Is it difficult to make the videos display in the same plane as the wall? I noticed a slight rotation of the video with respect to the surfaces. I imagine that you would need to warp the video which would degrade the video. Are you able to mask the video so that the edges appear to be parallel to the surface it is on? Maybe the mask could be an additional layer bitmap sampled from the 360 pano that the video is in front of. {360 pano, video, bitmap mask sampled from pano } Though, I know that even if you know how to solve a problem that these tours require so much effort and time that you need to just finish it : )

Great job. I really enjoyed the tour : )

• Great Tour!!

i was wondering.. you do like 4 or 5 video's at the time... i tried 2 before but that was too much.. may be the size was to big..
    Can you give some workaround in this? or did you just put the video's in..

i really like the 4 video in a row that looks like 1.. have you done something extra to sync them?

And how did you mask the half of the video? just mask it with a z order?

Cheers

Tuur
    *thumbsup*

• Hi Riphur,

About my comments on the text cursor of the Astronomie menu, I have noticed that it does not appear in fullscreen... so I do not understand why it does in normal screen...

SAlut.

PS: This tour gives really want to go... maybe one day... *smile*

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!