ktransform 1.0.8 beta 9 on linux

• Hi Klaus,

I use to have previous version on ktransform working good on my webserver.

Now i update with new version, changing rights and owner correctly, i get this error message:

Code
    /var/www/vhosts/krpanotools/ktransform: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by /var/www/vhosts/krpanotools/ktransform

What does that mean?

thanks!

• Hi,

it seems you need to install a newer libc version...
    but I have too few linux administrations experiences for how to do that...

I will try to build the krpano tools in future also an older linux systems,
    to avoid that problem, but I can't when that will be ready and if it will work...

best regards,
    Klaus

• AFAIK the last available glibc on FC4 is 2.3.something

So you are a bit out of luck as the latest tools require 2.4 compatibility.

Fedora is now at version 12, so you are a couple of releases behind ;)

• Thanks for info Amedee!

Klaus, i noticed there's a little loss of quality using sphere>cube transform with the version i got to work ok.

Is this loss still appears with the last version of ktranform? if no, then i maybe think about updating server...

thanks!

• Does it have something to do with these settings? I don't know if you can manipulate them in Linux. I assume that you can

options:
    -outsize=#x# ... output image size
    (for cube modes only one argument #)
    -oversample=# ... render intern at # higher resolution and downsample
    -inverse ... inverse rotation

-jpegquality=# ... set jpeg quality
    (0-100; default=85)
    -jpegsubsamp=# ... set jpeg color subsampling
    (444,422,420,411; default=444)
    -jpegoptimize ... optimize jpeg compression
    -tiffcompress=# ... set tiff compression
    (none,lzw,zip,jpeg; default=lzw)
    -tempdir=# ... set directory for temporary data

• Hi,

Klaus, i noticed there's a little loss of quality using sphere>cube transform with the version i got to work ok.

Is this loss still appears with the last version of ktranform? if no, then i maybe think about updating server...

there is always some loss on transforming,
    but the newer versions should be much better than the old ones,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi there..
    I am having same issue. I am using version 1.0.8 , images are not that sharp in viewer; i compared it with 1.0.7 version , its sharp and clear. if someone compared it , please let me know following is the code for 1.0.8 both have movequality="HIGH" stillquality="HIGHSHARP"

Code
  • Hi,

I am having same issue. I am using version 1.0.8 , images are not that sharp in viewer; i compared it with 1.0.7 version , its sharp and clear. if someone compared it , please let me know following is the code for 1.0.8 both have movequality="HIGH" stillquality="HIGHSHARP"

I think you are referring to something different,
    this thread was about the ktransform tool on linux
    the images from the 1.0.8 tools are always sharper than the ones from the 1.0.7 tools,

in your case - try that setting the xml:

Code
    <display flash10="off" stillquality="HIGHSHARP" />

with flash10 enabled, the HIGHSHARP doesn't work in some situations (non-distorted, big window) on cubical panos,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Back on topic of this thread, would it be possible compile the Linux tools with compatibility of glib_c 2.3.x, like the previous versions?

Debian Etch only provides glibc 2.3.6, as do some other versions of linux distros that are popular among webhosts. Dreamhost.com for example only provides Etch, so at the moment I am stuck with the pre-1.0.8b9 tools on my site.

edit: sorry, I just reread the thread and saw that you have already been working on this

Edited once, last by ahoeben (October 8, 2010 at 3:58 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!