Setting Default view (zoom) on a flat panorama

• Hello All,

I have a flat panorama, that currently opens by default to show the entire panorama.

http://www.twisstedswisster.com/vrpanos/018/tour.html

I'd like the viewer to open on a zoomed in portion of the image, instead of showing the entire image on load. I would like to zoom in just enough and so that there are no black bars visible in the viewer, and so that the image is all they way to the left displaying the castle gate.

I was thinking I could do this within the <view> tag in the XML some how but I can't seem to get anything to work.

My current XML can be found here...
    http://www.twisstedswisster.com/vrpanos/018/warwickcastle.xml

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

• Michel,

Thanks that is a great start. I will go from there and adjust it to my needs.

In your code I saw the following

Code
    <view fovtype="HFOV" limitview="fullrange" fov="0.5" hlookat="-0.5" vlookat="-0.04" maxpixelzoom="1.0"/>

I guess I am confused why you are using number like 0.5 and -0.4 for hlookat and vlookat. From the documentation I had thought these values should be in degrees. Is this different for flat projections, or did I just misunderstand?

Anyway, thanks for the tip. I'm back on track. *wink*

• So the link that Michel posted with the edit works when passing the values as parameters in the URL, however when I update the XML file on the server I still get the same view with the black bars. The links above are still valid and show the source and the current changes to the XML based on Michel's input.

If anyone has any thoughts why the changes in the XML don't work the same as Michel's link please let me know.

• Hi bopyd,

I guess I am confused why you are using number like 0.5 and -0.4 for hlookat and vlookat.

To make a pano as FLAT the FOV has a value of 1 degree... So, all the movements you can make are on this range...
    Note the hfov="1.00" on your code:

Code
    <image type="CYLINDER" hfov="1.00" multires="true" tilesize="512">

...however when I update the XML file on the server I still get the same
    view with the black bars.

Did you change the view line (all the line) with the one I have given above ? I have tried and it works for me...

SAlut.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!