videoplayer improvements?

• Hi!

Klaus!
    I have been played around of the videoplayer plugin and it works very good, but I missed some features. Is it possible to create some more things? For example:

- onFrame() event that give the percent or fixed time or streaming's value. It would be good for creating a progress bar, because users cannot see how long a video is, and what the current position of the clip is, so it makes them a little bit confusing.
    - currentPosition and totalPosition's property, so that we can adjust the progress bar's length and position.
    - maybe onPlay() and onBuffering() event, so that we can show the plaing and buffering picture.

You know, the people don't like to be confused. *wink*

Regards
    Greg

Edited 2 times, last by Bazuki (March 27, 2010 at 7:27 PM).

• There are time and totaltime attributes for the videoplayer plugin. totaltime works but time only works on distorted hotspots. You can use a delayed call to periodically check these values and compute a percentage, but I'm having problems with my browser occasionally crashing when I do this.

• Hi kyle,

How did you know about those time and totaltime variable and the seek action *question* *smile*
    Never hear about them... *wacko*
    One day we will be able to refer to that great documentation that Klaus should be writing at this moment *rolleyes* *wink* ...

SAlut.

• Michel,

I can't tell you. :) Let's say I was debugging my own AS3 plugins and stumbled across some things.

But yes, krpano appears to be a great platform. The documentation just needs to catch up. So in place of documentation, I've been a little more proactive in my experimentation.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!