• hello,
    apologies I cross posted this to panotoolsNG.
    Anybody know anything about streaming ? any pointers ?
    I'd like to have lengthy flash animation in the panos but even small ones
    take a while to load.
    There is a streaming directory on my hosting space apparently but I
    haven't read up on it yet.

cheers

mick
    http://mickiwiki.com

• streaming is dependant on mainly the upload spped of your isp. just because they offer unlimited bandwidth if that is the case how fast is the unlimited bandwidth? if i have a 10mb internet connection but you can only upload to the internet at 1mb you see the problem. i use video in some of my tours and they load pretty fast but i work at an ISP so my upload is really really fast.

• you mean you are serving stuff via your isp. I can see that would be slow. with dreamhost there was a buttom "add streaming" so I clicked it and now there is a directory in my space called "streaming.mickiwiki.com". I'll have to read up. I imagined "streaming" was showing stuff straight away rather than waiting for it to download. Why do you have to upload it in real time ? can't it sit on their server ? I streamed audio over my local network with icecast a few years ago but I didn't really understand how it worked. How do you go about streaming video in your panoramas ?

cheers
    mick

• streaming means it is not download before it starts soon as there is a buffer it will start playing. but the source file is still hosted from where ever your website sits hosted and is still limited by the upload speed you are capable pushing things into the internet with. I have a 10mb download speed at home but my upload speed is only 1mb. At the office I can download at over 50mb and upload at over 25mb. So hosting the same video file streaming from my house would be alot slower than at work. no ISP or webhosting company will give you the same upload speed as download.

I Googled Dreamhost upload speed. see attached image. First one says why dreamhost sucks, last one stated they may cap thier upload. I didnt read any of it but it may prove that Dreamhost is not fast enought to stream.

• yes it's clear you get the hosting you pay for. but to get back to the question. what needs to be done to get the viewer to see the video playing in a panorama as the data is downloading ?
    cheers

mick

• i misunderstood your question. here is what i use to play video in krpano. i choose to create the video plugin as it is requested. this code would be for an icon that is clicked and a video will pop with the onclick action.

<action name="videoon">

addplugin(avideo);
    set(plugin[avideo].align,center);
    set(plugin[avideo].edge,%5);
    set(plugin[avideo].loop,false);
    set(plugin[avideo].zorder,25);
    set(plugin[avideo].videourl,%1);
    set(plugin[avideo].url,%SWFPATH%/plugins/videoplayer.swf);
    set(plugin[avideo].width,%2); set(plugin[avideo].height,%3);
    set(plugin[avideo].rotate,%4);
    set(plugin[avideo].onclick,togglepause());

set(plugin[avideo].onhover,if(ispaused, showtext(click to play), showtext(click to pause)));

</action>

<plugin name="video1"
    url="video/artist1.jpg"

keep="true"
    visible="true" enabled="true" handcursor="true"
    zorder="25"
    alpha="1.00" blendmode="normal" rotate="270"
    smoothing="true"
    origin="center" edge="center" x="80" y="-55" height="350" width="225"
    scale=".40"
    onloaded=""
    parent="videob"
    onhover="showtext(View Willie West on stage)"
    ondown=""
    onup=""
    onclick="stopallsounds(); action(videoon,video/artist1.flv,300,400,270,left);"
    />

• thanks for that. I have quite a bit I don't understand. *blink*
    Is the "streaming" property in the videoplayer.swf *question*
    what is the most successful format for the video ? can the video match the panorama in quality *question*
    Is it ok and how is it possible to start the download before it is requested *question*

cheers

mick

• Hi Michael,

this video is 20 mb as an .flv

it's in the third room.

http://www.virtualtuur.com/DSB

i was realy suppriced that it worked so well for this big file size...

may be it helps for you as an check.. or reference??

Cheers

Tuur
    *thumbsup*

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!