My first tour with Krpano

• hi all,

I've just "finished" a virtual tour of Heuvelplein - the city Tilburg - Netherlands with KRPano.
    I have been looking around the forum here for a while now; Lots of very knowledgeable people here producing some

incredible - beautiful - work.
    I have decided - to throw my hat in to the ring - and try and pull some "commercial clients" for virtual tours.

This is my first attempt building a tour, I would be glad to get your feedback about it!
    I would love to develop both the photography and krpano aspects to a professional level,
    so comments on both are greatly appreciated.

http://www.andrewils.nl/Virtualtour/To…lein/index.html

Regards,
    Wilsan.

• Hallo Milo,

Thanks for your comment.
    The keyboard and the mouse are the loader between the pano's.
    Did you mean that the pano not loaded???

The loading time is with my provider, oke.

kind regards
    André

• keyboard display goes away for me but i do not like having repop in between each scene. also the google maps did not work at all for me nothing happens. the photography looks pretty good but i can see your shadow in the nadir of every image almost. also autorotate kicks in too soon and when it does it spins to fast. image with the statue in it the second to the last is very dark i would add some brightness or exposure or something to that one. also when opening the simple viewer gallery add freeze(() to the screen. having it auto rotate behind the simple viewer takes alot of CPU. freeze() is not the correct command I cannot remember it off the top of my head but search and you will find what i mean in the forums.

just my opinions bit I am very picky :)

otherwise I like the interface. and have found no stiching errors.

• For Vn2009,

I believe the code you are talking about is

oninterrupt(break);
    set(autorotate.enabled,false);

However, you would need a command to restart autorotate when the viewer returned.

EDIT:Maybe this instead.

freezeview(state)
    - freezes the current view and blocks user control
    - this increases the performance of elements that will be drawn on top of the pano

parameters:

•state
    true - freezes the view
    false - restores normal state

• Hallo VN2009,

Thanks for your comment.
    I have a lot to learn.
    I though to compensate the loading time between the pano's (8000x4000) with keyboard and mouse.
    Strange with me works google map *confused*
    The shadow in the nadir - i'm going buying a remote control for that.
    Yes i must remove the autorotate or slower speed.
    The pano's are shoot last year i think i shoot them this year again.
    Yes the viewer and autorotate takes a lot of cpu, i did't thought about this.

And thanks to Jarredja about the xml.

So i'am gonna try to make it better.

kind regards
    André

• I think you're trying much, much too hard ! Take away stuff.

I spent the first while trying to get rid of the HUGE map, then I was looking for the mute button and turned it into little planet view instead. Then I tried to regain normal view, but the music was annoying me so much I started looking for the mute button again. And all this time I hadn't looked at any panoramas !

There's far too many buttons and graphics. You don't need to include every possible feature. Remember the important thing is the 360-degree images, not all the options and extras. I'd strip out maybe 75% of all your graphics and options and concentrate on the images. Oh, and please don't stretch fonts - as an old print artist this makes me squirm.

All this is perhaps not as critical as it seems. Instead of perfecting and learning I think you mainly need to delete and let the images do the work !

• sooooo much better Wilsan. My opinions are this. The still photo you use for the start you should add a black border around it, something to separate it from the scene behind it. When the tour started i thought something loaded wrong at first because it is so similar to the starting view. The audio button to mute maybe could be a little larger. I would also prefere that the map the clickable without having to show the controls at the bottom. Make a link for the map in the same corner as the audio.

You made this tour alot more presentable good job.

• Glad to see that you are open to constructive criticism... I also believe that the second version is better. But it looks like when you load the map that you are using an absolute size for the height... and on my laptop the map controls are disappearing at the top.

One thing I noticed... in reference to the music... the pano loads and the music is playing... which is fine... but the button to mute the audio is a "play" button... and then it switches to the "pause" when clicked. I think that this is contrary to what a person would look for. If music is playing... and I want to stop it, I would push "stop" or "pause"... and then to start again, click "play".

• Thanks for the comments VN2009, Graydon and Richard.

Graydon the reference to the music is indeed wrong.
    I have change it, Thanks. *thumbup*

The map has indeed an absolute size for the height.
    How can i change that? *confused*

I have notice that when i get to fullscreen and change e pano with the thumbs menu the fullscreen button goes wrong. *confused*
    Can somebody help me about this?

Thanks, Wilsan

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!