Is there a "drop-in" gallery that can be used with KRPano?

• I still like the function, but i can't get it together!

it get stuck at this point:

ERROR: loading plugin "images.swf?xmlDataPath=gallery.xml" failed

how can it be when the 2 files are there *angry*

• No i meant, the 2 files (images.swf and gallery.xml) are there where they should be.

Could be, i'm loading in another file a swf. if your right ( and you might ) that is the first and this the second swf he's loading. but it's not in de same xml. does that matter ?

• No i meant, the 2 files (images.swf and gallery.xml) are there where they should be.

Could be, i'm loading in another file a swf. if your right ( and you might ) that is the first and this the second swf he's loading. but it's not in de same xml. does that matter ?

Gerlofv
    i think you want to mean the variables that you add to swf file. If you ask that, this is the way to assign variables to flash; afterquestion mark (?) you can assign variables into flash and you can use these variables programmatically in flash. This works same as FlashVars .

Here is a quick sample:
    myFlash.swf?variable1=gallery.xml&variable2=someData2&.....&variablen=someDatan

Good luck.

• Gerlofv
    After i've posted my comment, i read once again your post; here some suggestions for you:

• Check your images.swf file destination. If your krpano.swf is in another destination check it once again;

for ex: your krpano.swf is in yoor root , and your images.swf is in library/swf file then it must be like that:

Code
    set(plugin[gallery].url,library/swf/images.swf?xmlDataPath=library/xml/gallery.xml);
    • Check your xml file destinations taht you want to load to your gallery as told you above.

Good luck.

• @advert360

the code i have in xml

Code
    <plugin name="photo" url="plugins/photo.swf?xmlDataPath=../plugins/gallery.xml" keep="true" handcursor="false" zorder="97" visible="false" align="center"/>

and the code i have in as:

the error given: gallery not found

and still he doesn't open it! looks like he finds the two files but there is something missing!

but what ????

Edited 3 times, last by Gerlofv (February 25, 2009 at 2:19 PM).

• Hi Gerlofv,

I have a really strict dead-line, so i have no time to test your code. I think you have a basic scoping problem in here. gallery not found output shows that the xmlDataPath that you assign is wrong.

Simply, correct your xmlDataPath. Just try to scope the path absolute not relative. Like:

Code
    url="plugins/photo.swf?xmlDataPath=plugins/gallery.xml"

Good luck.

• thnx for your reply. i'm still trying to get it in the menu with flash. It's finally working by using the hide en show function of the simpleviewer!!! But the next step is to get it in the global and as a menu topic to use where ever you go it the application.

good luck with the dead-line! if it works you will hear it from me. I'm still getting nowhere with that error

UPDATE!!! ( 15:42 )

It working! I think it was something about the path and the refreshing of flash that seems to be the problem.

Edited 2 times, last by Gerlofv (February 26, 2009 at 3:43 PM).

• Hi,

I tried the example on the simple viewer and it works great! I'm trying to experiment on other flash plugins. Can we use this http://www.flshow.net/carousel_examples.php as a krpano plugin? I tried doing this by myself but am unsuccessful probably because I don't understand what I'm doing *wacko*. I get this error

XML parser error : Error #2070: Security sandbox violation: caller cannot access stage owned by.

Before I go on any further I'd like to know if what I'm doing is even possible. If it is please help me *smile*

I read that the tiltviewer doesn't work, so how can you determine which plugins wil work and which wont?

Thanks,
    Milo

• Hi,

I've tested this carousel app now - unfortunately it will not work!

the problem it that this app isn't designed for loading into other swf apps:
    it tries to access the "stage" object in it's constructor - a typical as3 problem!

it would be easy to avoid this problem by adding a ADDED_TO_STAGE event,
    but this can be only done by the programmer of the app (maybe try to contact him)

here is a good article about this problem and how to avoid it:
    http://www.markledford.com/blog/2008/08/1…nto-other-swfs/

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi, I'm the developer of Carousel.

As Klaus correctly point out my Carousel keep control over the stage since from the beginning. This is not due to a bad programming practice (I could have used the ADDED_TO_STAGE event of course) I've done this intentionally! Indeed the Carousel is a quite CPU intensive piece of flash, so I did my best to optimize everything. Consider that one of the first actions is to remove the root movie clip from the stage (the FactoryClass actually - it is a Flex AS only project) so that it this is eligible for garbage collection and no timeline remains (all other DisplayObject instances descend from Sprite).

So, apart from technical details, the main idea is that the Carousel is not a friendly flash application, it tries to destroy everything to improve performance.

I may consider change this behavior (at least when it is loaded inside other flash files) in future versions of my Carousel. Please register to the mailing list (upper right cornet on http://www.flshow.net) if you want to receive updates.
    It would be nice to see my Carousel in krpano.

Ciao,
    Saverio.

• Hello Saverio,

nice to see you here, I know the performance is always a big topic in flash,
    I'm also always trying to optimize everything, and krpano itself can't be embedded too at the moment

it would be really nice to see a embeddable version, or better a version with a true krpano plugin interface
    see here - https://krpano.com/docu/plugins/
    some source examples are included in the download package ,

then it would be possible to set the position and resize it from krpano and
    also to make calls to load others panos

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

do you mean 2 simpleviewer galleries?

it seems the simpleviewer doesn't allow to use it more than once on one flash stage...

best regards,
    Klaus

Hello all!
    How it is possible to bypass this restriction what it would be possible to use 2 or 3 external swf a file?
    Please help, it is very necessary. *confused*
    This restriction KRPano or external swf files??

• the easiest way (?maybe?) would be to load a 100% width / height image at zorder=x and then load the simple viewer at zorder=x+1

You could load an X-X px black (or whatever color) tile, stretched and play with the alpha settings or create a semi-transparent *.png that was stretched across everything.

At least in theory it seems like it would work.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!