google maps spots and hotspots

• Hello,

Issue is: how do i ensure that the rotation of the radar (on google maps) is in sync with the rotation of the tour. When a hotspot is visible on the tour while rotating, the spot on google maps should come within the radar and vice-versa.

I would assume two basic requirements for this to happen:
    1- Geo-coding of the locations should be proper.
    2- Hot spots should be placed in proper locations.

From searching the forums, i have gathered that "heading" attribute of the "spot" tag too is of great importance. How do i get hold of the value for that attribute? Also, is it possible to get an approximate value for the "heading" attribute based on the lat/lng pairs of two points? Something along the lines of calculating the angle between the two points assuming that one of them in on the x axis.

Thank you.

• Hi,

here is a small help to find the heading:
    radar orientation

is it possible to get an approximate value for the "heading" attribute based on the lat/lng pairs of two points?

you will always also need an information about the heading/orientation of the pano image itself (e.g. where in the pano is north) to be able to calculate it,

best regards,
    Klaus

• To begin with set the hlookat and vlookat of the view tag to 0. For every spot tag which are children of the google maps plugin, set the heading to -90 so that every spot will be pointing to North (top of the screen) by default. Let the user view the tour and rotate the panorama and keep a tab on the radar on the google maps. Based on when the hotspot is visible on the tour and when the spot is coming into focus of the radar, change the value of the heading.

If the radar should be oriented towards East (right of the screen), it's value should be 0, for West (left of the screen) it should be 180/-180, for South(bottom of the screen) it should be 90, for North(top of the screen) it should be -90 as mentioned earlier.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!