command line on linux

• hello,
    how do you send an image file to kmakemultires on the command line ?
    [edit] I tried > and |
    ideally I want to tag something on the end of the windows pscp line to send the file directly to kmakemultires on the linux box.

cheers

Mick

• Hi,

as normal parameters,

e.g.

Code
    ./kmakemultires pano.jpg

if you want to that a specifc .config file will be used just pass that too,
    e.g.

Code
    ./kmakemultires pano.jpg settings.config

or set the settings from the .config file direct on the command line (the setting must be prefixed with a '-')
    e.g.

Code
    ./kmakemultires pano.jpg -tilesize=512 -panotype=flat -hfov=1.0

best regards,
    Klaus

• Is there a way to upload cube face images named front back left right up and down, and have the makemultires linux program produce a pano? I'm trying to be able to upload and view a panoramic picture with a mobile device or away from my computer. I've got some php code that will do it and it includes a file:

Code
    system("./kmakemultires back.jpg down.jpg front.jpg left.jpg right.jpg up.jpg");

but I don't know the proper syntax for the system call. Thanks! I've also tried it with single quotes ' as well as double quotes " and I can't seem to get it to work.

Edited once, last by ereldar (June 8, 2011 at 10:53 PM).

• no errors, it just doesn't produce the panoramic image on the server or the html for it, which is necessary for remote viewing. The webpage is here http://brockworksinc.com/upload/upload.php as far as I know the permissions for the folder are correct, because the php uploads and renames the uploaded images properly, but the kmakemultires doesn't output an html file like it should.

Edited once, last by ereldar (June 9, 2011 at 3:45 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!