what to do after creating the virtual tour

• hi everybody

i am very new in the programing and creating a virtual tour ,i have created a virtual tour on my computer that works fine but i have no idea what to do next in order to put it on a website ,what software i need how can iget it and all that stuff ..can somebody help me ?

cheers *cry*

• thanks vN2009

i tried to do that but they only want panoramic pictures i don't see anywhere i can download the virtual tour??

also what is the best way to deliver a virtual tour to a client ?

• For clients I make one .swf-file with kprotect (or kprotectcl), zip the tilesdirectory, html-, swf- and js-file, put it on my webspace and send the link to my client. I also make a manual and send it. For a cdrom, I send a cdrom ;).

I don't understand what you mean with
    "i tried to do that but they only want panoramic pictures i don't see anywhere i can download the virtual tour??"
    What panoramic pictures do 'they' want (in what format, sphere or cube tiles or so?)? And why would you download your own virtual tour? Or do you mean upload?

• tahnks maaike

actually i meant upload .

i guess i will stick to manual delivery then ,but what i need to know is what typed of files should i deliver for them to be able to put on the web site i.e: should i send them the .swf and the xml embeded with the kprotect and encrypt the rest ...will that work ???

also what is a good size for the pictues to be included in the whole virtual tour as with the size i am using when i embed it into a stand alone it becomes almost 7 -8 mb which i think is realtivley big (even without the stand alone it is 3mb ....

thank alot for your help )

RAhim *smile*

• i guess i will stick to manual delivery then ,but what i need to know is what typed of files should i deliver for them to be able to put on the web site i.e: should i send them the .swf and the xml embeded with the kprotect and encrypt the rest ...will that work ???

With kprotect you can include the xml-file also. So include all xml-files, the krpano.swf, the buttons (if any) and maybe small thumbs (but that's not necessary). The other files is a .js-file and the images. You can also include the images, but the swf-file will be too big then. I don't know if encrypting will make the virtual tour slower.

also what is a good size for the pictues to be included in the whole virtual tour as with the size i am using when i embed it into a stand alone it becomes almost 7 -8 mb which i think is realtivley big (even without the stand alone it is 3mb ....

I don't care about 7 or 8 mb, if the pano is fast enough. Here in Holland almost everyone has fast internet, so 7mb is no problem at all. If the tour is fast enough, there is no problem in my opinion.
    I tried to calculate the minimum size for a panorama for every screen, so you see maximum 1:1 and better a little less. But I don't know if the calculation is all right. I think the biggest vertical resolution is 1200. If you take a fov of 100, you see nearly 1/3? You need 2 cubes from -90 - +90 degrees (vertical, actually 1 cube and 2 half cubes). So one cube has to be 1800 high at least, I think. Do someone else has another way to calculate this? I know I make some mistakes because of some transformations.
    I always use a minimum of 8000 pixels (spherical image) width, so height 4000. Because of nearly future resolutions, I mostly use 10000x5000 pixels. But the panorama is bigger than 3 mb if you use 8000 pixels (I think).

But that's how I do it... if someone else has better arguments for the minimum pixels, I would like to hear (read ;)) them.

• The other files is a .js-file and the images. You can also include the images, but the swf-file will be too big then. I don't know if encrypting will make the virtual tour slower.

i don't really understand what u mean by the other files is js ??(i am quite new to that) so i am assuming i leave them as they are just folders ??????

I don't care about 7 or 8 mb, if the pano is fast enough. Here in Holland almost everyone has fast internet, so 7mb is no problem at all. If the tour is fast enough, there is no problem in my opinion.

the things is i am in egypt and the internet connection is quite slow so i need a smaller tour that the ppl here can open it easily

cheers and thanks a million *thumbup*

• i don't really understand what u mean by the other files is js ??(i am quite new to that) so i am assuming i leave them as they are just folders ??????

I'm sorry I also made a type error ('the other files is'). js means javascript, when you use the standard way you need it to see the virtual tour. When using one of the droplets, the .js-file is automatically generated.
    The other things are the images, I think. You can include them with kprotect, but I would not suggest that.

the things is i am in egypt and the internet connection is quite slow so i need a smaller tour that the ppl here can open it easily

Indeed. It depends on what the subject is, but try a sphere of 7000x3500 and look what size it is. I think it's big enough. Maybe 6000x3000 is also ok, but if you have a lot of detail, I would take a higher resolution. Something with nature or something is ok for 6000x3000.

I hope you understand this. My English is also not very good.

• when you use the standard way you need it to see the virtual tour. When using one of the droplets, the .js-file is automatically generated.

hey again sorry for asking too much questions

i only know the way of building the xml then using kprotect i generate the files but it doesn't generate any .js files is there another method i am supposed to follow .and what about this droplets things is that in the kprotect ?

*cry*

• hey again sorry for asking too much questions

No problem.

i only know the way of building the xml then using kprotect i generate the files but it doesn't generate any .js files is there another method i am supposed to follow .and what about this droplets things is that in the kprotect ?

Do you use windows? If so, when you download the krpanotools package, you also find that 'droplets'. The title of such a droplet is 'MAKE PANO MULTIRES' or 'MAKE PANO TILED' or something like that. You can drag and drop your sphere or cubes on that icon (so open two explorer-windows, one with the krpano-folder and one with your panorama-folder. Then select all the cube tiles or the sphere image and drag them to the 'MAKE PANO TILED' -icon (or something)). Then the tiles are created and also a html-file and js-file.
    I don't know how this works on a MAC.

While writing this, I wonder if you bought the whole license? Only krpano, or also the tools? What did you buy?
    Oh, you say you use kprotect. You can also use the droplets and other tools.

• If you are going to give the tour to someone, you should embed your license into the swf so that you do not actually give away the actual license.

If you are going to share the files by CD or other means, I suggest embedding all of the XML into the swf. This ties the license to those specific XML files. You could still keep your images separate so that you have a faster startup of the tour. If you embed the images too, then your entire .swf with images would need to be loaded before the first image displays.

This is of course my personal preference and others may have other opinions.

• thank you jareedja and maaike !

well i have the unlimited license so the tools aswell .what i am using now is the autopano tour to create a tour then i improve the xml so that it function to my needs after that i emebed the xml(s) and the buttons and the plugins (as advised by maaike) and i ileave the pictures outside and encript them .my question is if i deliver that stuff to the client should it work or do i need to do something else ??

people are very helpfull and freindly on that blog *thumbup*

• well i have the unlimited license so the tools aswell .what i am using now is the autopano tour to create a tour then i improve the xml so that it function to my needs after that i emebed the xml(s) and the buttons and the plugins (as advised by maaike) and i ileave the pictures outside and encript them .my question is if i deliver that stuff to the client should it work or do i need to do something else ??

Indeed. But you can try that by copying the files you think you need to another folder and then doubleclick on the html-file. If you do it like you say, you need to send the swf, html, js and image map (including images of course). That's all. I always try first by putting it in another directory. :)

Good luck!

• Do you want to put it on a website or a cdrom? In the first case you have to make a index.html file (or something else) that 'shows' the panorama. It can be something like this:

And then you also nead the .js-file (swfkrpano.js) that you can find somewhere in the download package. You can also include without .js-file, look at this page.

In the second case, the cdrom, I don't know, because I never tried that. But there is an option for that in the kprotect tool.

• cool
    i couldn't do it with th example u gave me but i managed through the page you sent me i did 2 without java script and the one with the js 2.1

what i wanna do is give it to a client so that he puts it on his website i guess that will do .

thanks for your help today

cheers mate *thumbsup*

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!