problem using video files with sound as display object

• Hello.

I'm having a problem when I set certain video files as a display object not registering if I include the sound with the video. I'm using video shot on a Canon 5D MarkII converted using adobe media encoder cs4 to an FLV file. If I turn off the audio encoding and just do video only, the video file will work in in the viewer. If I try and use the exact same file with audio it gives me the following error:

warning: unknown action command: playbackgroundsound
    error- unable to open video- canonvideotest3fdata/graphics/spots/spot0.flv

If I set the video file as a linked object (vs. as a display object) then the video and sound pop up and play fine. I've tried video from other sources as a display object with mixed results where sometimes the video and sound file work and sometimes it won't load. Unfortunately I'm not a programmer and I don't know much about the under the hood stuff, and I've been unable to determine if it is simply an encoding problem with certain video/sound files or if there is something happening in the display object programming. If anyone knows a fix or has encountered similar problems it'd be great to get your feedback.

Thanks for you help.

• Hi there Cass

couple of things are you using the latest videoplayer plugin?

If so is your video file in the same folder as the videoplayer plugin and your tour.swf if not they need to be.

not sure about the playbackgroundsound action is it something you've created or...

all sound other than that contained in video needs to use the soundinterface plugin as far as I'm aware.

it does sound as if it's a file placement error though *thumbsup*

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!