• Hello,

I have a combobox attached to a Google Map that can be hidden with a button. When I leave the combobox menu open and click the close button, the map and combobox are hidden but the combobox menu remains in place.

Is there any way to avoid an orphaned combobox menu like this?

Other than, "Don't do that!"

Thanks,
    Joe

• Hello,

I have done that in my hide action:

Code
    tween(plugin[combobox].y, -100,  0.5, default);
    set(plugin[combobox].visible,false);

The problem is that if I leave the menu part of the combobox open when hiding, the top part of the combobox moves offscreen and the drop-down menu part is left behind.

I haven't found any way to cleanup the orphaned menu part of the combobox....

Maybe I should also change the alpha?

Joe

• Hi FlashinnaPano,

I have played around your issue... and as you say, it seems that, setting the combobox visibility to false while the drop-down menu is displayed, makes the button part of the combobox to be hidden but not the drop-down menu...
    Perhaps Klaus can improve the combobox plugin to avoid this *rolleyes* ....

A way to avoid this is to set to false the capture attribute of your close button that call your hide action... this way, the click action on your close button pass also to the pano and closes the combobox drop-down menu ...

I have tried this way and it worked...

Hope this can help.

SAlut.

• Hello Michel,

Perhaps Klaus can improve the combobox plugin to avoid this *rolleyes* ....

A way to avoid this is to set to false the capture attribute of your close button

An easy solution that works! I cannot ask for better....

Unfortunately, it's the sort of subtlety that is easy to miss for a newbie.

Thank you!
    Joe

• After some further use I have found that capture="false" will not work with the googlemaps plugin when I leave the combobox menu open.

I set capture="false" for the googlemap plugin itself and the googlemap radar and zoomcontrol subnodes. Leaving a combobox menu open and clicking within the googlemap or on the zoom control or radar does not dismiss the open menu. If I click in the panorama area the open menu closes.

So, capture="false" works, but not consistently... *sad*

Joe

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!