Paris 26 gigapixels coming soon...

• Hello,

I'm very proud to work on a exciting project that you may know... It's called "Paris 26 gigapixels" and you can get all relevant information here :

http://www.paris-26-gigapixels.com/en/

The "french" version is quite ready. I made krpano design and programmation and I hope it will be "on line" very soon. The photographer is Arnaud Frich and this is a "Kolor" project. As regards my devoted work, it was rather tricky, I spent more than one entire month and I must admit that I never went so far in details and programming. This is a really huge project for a little girl like me *g* but I'm very confident and the whole of the tour is soon impressive.

Teasing, teasing... Hope next time I'll be in position to give you the final url adress (it does not depends on me).

So... in a few days or weeks...

Ma *smile*

• Hi Ma,

Waow that little girl *attention* I did not know you was involved in this impresive project... *thumbup*

I am waiting for the final result.... No doubt it will be a big success ... The subject is ideal... You can say you are lucky to be part of such adventure...

Chapeau Ma (et tous les autres) *attention* *thumbsup*

SAlut.

• Are you busy adding hotspots for 360 panoramas and ambient sound captures to the Paris 26 Gigapixel panorama? It would be great to hear people ordering lunch at a cafe, the metro, etc.

Have you thought about adding a guided tour where the viewer would zoom in to interesting parts of the panorama? Either for a moment, or until you press the next button.

The paper detailing the collaboration between Intel and Kolor said that the image was stitched in 3 hours and 14 minutes. They used a RAID 0 array of SSD ( solid state disks ) as well as two Xeon processors ( probably an 8 way system ) so that they have two memory controllers.

• The result is just impressive....
    That pano is a real adventure.... for the viewer I mean *smile* ... ( No doubt that it was also for those who did the job)... There is so many things to look, examine... this is an endless pleasure in discovering little details ...
    Like:
    Those 13 men on a rooftop in front of the Grand Palais... 1 of them without his head it seems...
    The ensign of 'Bar Musical Latin La Peña Saint Germain' in the passage de la petit bougerie... and, a few meters into the passage, a men without his legs who reads a book (perhaps he stands behind the stone?)...
    So many discoveries...

Chapeau a vous... vraiment... *thumbup*

• Waouhh ! Nice is not it ? Kolor chose another graphic style (it's not mine) at the end though they kept the interactive principles I built for this project. I spent more than one entire month to do this and then Kolor ended the project by adding some finishing off. Try the tour (above on the left side), it works fine.

Have fun... The url adress is now : http://www.paris-26-gigapixels.com/index-en.html

Ma *smile*

• Hi Ma,

Kolor chose another graphic style (it's not mine)

That was the first thing I was thinking when viewing the page: "this does not seems to be a 'Ma' graphics style" *g* ...
    Perhaps it could have been improved (the project worth). Anyway it is simple and functional...

Now, a small criticism *wink* ... The actions of the thumbnails for navigation to points of interest seems to be adjusted for a display of 16:9 ... For those who like me have a 4:3 screen, is horizontally cropped...
    This can be avoided easily using an adequate FOVTYPE... in this case an horizontal fov type:

Code
    <view fovtype="HFOV" />

See this thread about 1.0.8 beta 9 - fovtype setting

Did I already said that I love this project ? *smile*

SAlut.

• Salut Michel,

Je prends note de l'astuce que tu mentionnes, mais honnêtement il n'y aura pas de prochaine fois avant un certain temps pour ce type de projet.

J'ignore quel est mon style, mais il est certain que j'aime la gaité avant tout, et là je ne me reconnais pas vraiment dans le style qui a été re-créé par Kolor, trop triste à mon goût. Ca me fait sourire que tu dises que tu ne m'as pas reconnue, c'est un point que j'ai déjà souligné auprès de Kolor : ne me mentionnez pas au niveau du graphisme car ce que vous avez re-créé après coup ne me ressemble pas.

Cependant, il faut saluer la performance de tous les acteurs de ce projet car chaque élément ne pouvait exiser sans l'autre. De ce point de vue, c'est une réussite, chacun a apporté le meilleur de lui-même et le résultat est à la hauteur. Ce qui me plait dans ce projet, c'est le fait que plusieurs personnes ont été associées alors qu'elles avaient des talents et des façons de voir différentes mais que le projet est quand même né de ces différences. Rien que pour ça, c'est une réussite.

D'un point de vue technique, il n'y a rien à dire, Kolor a mené le projet d'une main de maître. Encore une fois, il n'y a que l'aspect graphique qui me chiffonne un peu.

Ma *smile*

• ....Je trouve cependant le tour automatique un peu rapide : parfois, à peine la vue sur un bâtiment est-elle finie de se charger que ça passe à la suivante !

Tu n'es pas la première personne qui fait la remarque, je trouve aussi que cela va trop vite. Je pense que Kolor va corriger cela car les fichiers sont de leur côté à présent. Cela n'est pas difficile à corriger, il suffit de rallonger la temporisation (le "waiting") et de rajouter 2 à 3 secondes supplémentaires sur chaque hotspot. Le problème, c'est qu'il y a une différence entre une visualisation locale et une visualisation en ligne qui se remarque surtout au niveau de la synchronisation. En tout cas, ça booste, y a pas à dire !

• il suffit de rallonger la temporisation (le "waiting") et de rajouter 2 à 3 secondes supplémentaires sur chaque hotspot. Le problème, c'est qu'il y a une différence entre une visualisation locale et une visualisation en ligne qui se remarque surtout au niveau de la synchronisation.

un wait(blend) serait peut-être alors plus approprié dans ce cas là (mais je ne sais pas trop comment se comporte cette commande en pano HD)...

using wait(blend) would be perhaps more adequate in this case (but i don't know how work this command with HD pano)...

• my chrome crash when trying to open HD view... although i do refresh 3 times..

There are hundreds (thousands) comments relating to this project. For about 95% of them, it's ok, there is no problem (or very few). There are always "exceptions" and I'm sorry not to be in position to help you Bulp. Anyway, you can post your comment on the project's blog, Kolor will help you as they have all the files now and can analyse each of them.

Ma *smile*

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!