closing showtext or triggering onout event

• Hello,

I've got hotspots with showtext as onhover event. Sometimes the showtext doesn't disappear.
    I know that I can change onhover value like this :

krpano.set("hotspot[nameOfMyHotspot].onhover", "null");

But I would like to avoid this solution because it means that I'll have to assign onhover to showtext after.

Is there a way (function ?) to close or hide the showtext ?
    Or is it possible to call onout event ?

If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thank you very much,

kiwi

• Well, it's not as strange as that. It's more something with flash, and roll out event.

I'm making a website with panos as a part of the site, and just outside the pano (but still in the flash) lies a navigation bar.
    So if the mouse comes very fast from a hotspot to navigation buttons, I think it doesn't fire roll out event.
    That's why I would just like to tell all hotspots to rollout when the mouse is outside the pano.

Unfortunately, I can't show you anything now as it is still in production.

• Hi,

okay, I see, but really a bit strange...

but you could disable the calling of the "onhover" event manually,
    by setting the "hovering" attribute of the "plugin" or "hotspot" to "false",

e.g.

Code
    set(hovering,false);

or

Code
    set(plugin[name].hovering,false);

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,

I'm trying to set hovring to false in my plugin but it's still not working :

krpano.set("plugin[anim1].hovering", false);

I also tried this way, but not working either :

krpano.set("plugin[anim1].hovering", "false");

I am doing wrong ?

Thanks for your help.

• Hi Klaus,

I do it when clicking in my navigation bar to close hovering if the showtext is still enable.
    But does it means that I have to manually enable hovering afterwards ?

all the best,
    kiwi

• Hi,

internally it works so:

the "hovering" attribute will be set automatically on AS3 "ROLL_OVER" event,
    and unset on the "ROLL_OUT" event,

and as long this attribute is set, the "onhover" event will be called (in intervals) for this plugin/hotspot,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hello,

I have the same problem since i have first used krpano.
    When you quickly move over the Hotspot, the onHover won't disappear.

Code
    <hotspot name="sp5" url="../../hotspot_ani_white.swf" scale="0.3" ath="-235" atv="8"
    	onHover="showtext(Hallo,hotspotstyle)"
    	onOver="set(hotspot[sp5].url,../../hotspot_ani_highlight.png);"
    	onOut="set(hotspot[sp5].url,../../hotspot_ani_white.swf);"
    	ondown="doit()">
    </hotspot>

The onOut event also won't called.

What can I do?

Tim

• Dear Klaus,

I understand this is quite an old thread, but I'm kind of experiencing this same issue now with version 1.18.

Instead of changing urls, it seems to be an issue of changing the crop. I have a few png buttons, which change their cropping when clicked, and also have a showtext call attached to their onhover events. Now normally it works just fine, but if I click the button and move the mouse away fast, the label sticks to the mouse cursor and I can't make it disappear until I hover over the button again (and then move the mouse away).

I'm using the HTML5 version.

Can you confirm this bug? Is there any workaround, so that I don't have to wait for the next release or the one after that for a fix? Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!