Where do I start?

• Hello there. My name is Jay. I have been using Pano2vr which is great now that I have a grasp of the GUI. Krpano holds many features that I would like to see> polygon hotspots,lensflare, highsharp etc.....

But I have to admit, I have no idea where to start. I have panoramas stitched at 6000x3000. I am not able to figure out what to do next. Obviously this early on I have no work flow. What do I do with my panorama? I can learn easily. Are there any tutorials that I may view?

Cheers,

Jay

• NO tutorials yet bcoz by the time they will be written there are new features added to it , thats the reason that this is still in beta testing.

Download the latest krpano Tools 1.0.8 beta 9 unzip it & drag your panorama on to various droplets,
    you start with MAKE PANO (NORMAL) droplet that will do all the job on its own & give xml & html file which then you have to edit & add extra code lines to get other plugins to work.

• my next question to get started is:
    I have purchased the license. I see that the instructions say :

"Copy the "krpano.license" file into the folder of the krpano SWF file.
    If the SWF file was renamed, the licence file must be renamed accordingly."

There is a krpano.swf in 2 different locations 1) krpanotools-1
    2) krpano-1

Which one do I put it in.

I have tried copying and putting it in both, plus the folder where my stitched 6000x3000 pano is located. The name hasn't been changed as far as I know but when I drag the pano onto the "MAKE PANO(SINGLE SWF)droplet > I get a the demo version.

Very confused, but willing to try a thousand times in as many combinations>

Jay

• Thank you Jarredja! My mistake, I realized that I had not purchased the krpanotools license. I have recently upgraded, and it works just fine! Now to play around until the next stumbling block, yay learning! Thank you

• Ok so the next stumbling block is this: what code do I put where to start being able to edit and put lens flare on my image?(with polygon hotspots as my main goal) Am I to copy code from the "examples" folder and paste that into an xml editor? Here is what I have done so far: Drag my 6000X3000 panorama onto the droplet for "MAKE PANO (NORMAL) droplet . It produces in the original folder, 6 files. 1)tiles of the image 2)krpano.license 3)krpano.swf 4)html version of my swf 5) xml file of the image and 6)javascript file............... now to start adding things to my image like lensflare and polygon hotspots, do I copy the code from the "examples" folder (xml) and paste then into #5(xml file of the image)?
    Patience is appreciated,

Jay

• Hi,

now to start adding things to my image like lensflare and polygon hotspots, do I copy the code from the "examples" folder (xml) and paste then into #5(xml file of the image)?

copy the editor plugin (editor.swf) and the "krpano_default_flares.jpg" to your pano folder,
    and add this line to your xml:

Code
    <plugin name="editor" url="editor.swf" />

now when you start the pano, you have the editor plugin included,
    and there you can add lensflares and hotspots (btw - I'm already working on a imporved editor plugin!)

then go the [code=xml] button in the editor plugin, this code was dynamically
    generated based on the current state of the pano,

you could copy the whole and save it instead the original xml,
    or maybe better - just copy the generated hotspot and lensflare code
    and add that to your xml,

some days ago - I found this video tutorial:
    http://vimeo.com/6768763?hd=1

it's in Germain but the principle should be understandable,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hello,

I am able to do a few beginner things after playing with the xml code: little planet into. This was created by dragging my pano to the krpanotools folder and onto the MAKE PANO(NORMAL)droplet. it created an xml file that I started to edit> adding little planet intro and the editor. To view this I have been clicking on the _____.html file. Where do I create a .sfw file of this code? The only swfs in my folder are: editor.swf and krpano.swf

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!