How to record amount of times tour is viewed?

• Hi,

I was looking at another method for selling virtual tours other than the current one that involves giving the client the entire folder structure with cube images, taking the money and all is complete.

The new idea is to create a price and charge the client for the amount of times that the tour/panorama is actually viewed on their website. The viewer window would be set up to match their existing website but the actual tour files would be located on my own server. Unfortunately this also means that the tour uses my bandwidth allowance but may enable me to keep track of things better.

Does anyone have any ideas they would like to share that may enable me to count the amount of times that a tour or individual panorama is viewed? I guess it's also a little harder as a hotel floor plan may be used with hotspots to load each panorama, or the combobox is used so not sure how to count something that's enclosed in a flash file.

I appreciate your help and look forward to any interesting replies.

Thanks,

Andrew

• Thanks very much John for the reply.

I had no idea Analytics was for flash also and just had some sort of php script in mind as a solution. I was trying my best not to depend on a Google script but as you said it would give the client the ability to check the stats themselves. There's several posts on here regarding Analytics so I'll give them a good read and see what I can make.

Andrew

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!