Combo & image in textfield

• I'm trying to build a textfield that contains:

1) a combo box which is used to select a new panorama scene
    2) when you select this new scene, the main content of the textbox changes to some new info & an image

So the idea is the combo box might have "garden" "rooftop" and "hall". You select "garden" and the textbox shows some info about the garden and a picture, while the main panorama changes to show the garden.

But I can't seem to get the combo box inside the textfield and am not sure how to simultaneously change the textfield, image and pano.

Any clues or maybe an example ?

thanks *smile*

• Your Zoo tour ! I remember it well, very detailed. And I just had to click on the kangaroo to remind myself what they sound like. Poor form for an Australian *wink*

No combos in the textfield makes sense. And I'm sort of relieved because I thought I'd tried all the combinations.

So what's the best way to display a different image for each click of the combobox AND change the panorama ? If I make each image a plugin and use keep=false then I suppose I won't have to remove the image when the next panorama (and image) loads ?

So should I create an action to load the image and attach that to each combobox menu item action ?

Or is there an easier way ?

• I'm now thinking that textfields are far too messy and complex. Instead I'm going to try using straight image plugins and lay the combobox on top. When the combobox loads a new pano it'll also load a new image. The visible on/off toggle may be a bit more tricky since instead of targeting a single textfield (with whatever's been loaded inside), it'll need to target each plugin image by name. But I think this is still easier than futzing about with textfields.

• Hi Richard,

The visible on/off toggle may be a bit more tricky since instead of targeting a single textfield (with whatever's been loaded inside), it'll need to target each plugin image by name.

Instead of creating a plugin for each image, perhaps you can create only one image plugin and set dynamically his url through each combobox actions...
    Something like this:

SAlut.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!