Multiple child XML files

• I'm considering breaking up main main XML file into multiple chunks like this:

- Image references
    - hotspots
    - buttons
    - map
    - core functions

The idea is that semi-skilled assistants would then only open the xml file which is in thier area of expertise and add in the new parameters.

Is this possible ? Are there other downsides to this ?

thanks

• You could do it without big problem. It's the way I try to act, but in the fact there is always little change to add to each of your work (client want to be unique and different interface every time) so it's more harder, you have to change the parameter from outside of is own XML file, and you loose more time than needed to write it from scratch. But I'm agree with you this way is theoricaly cleaner and better.

And imagine with a new version of the player perhaps you will have to change the core XML and they will act totally differently in your final tour. On this point we can have all of our confiance on Klauss who is a clean-coder. If such a things would appears in a beta just mail him he will correct it as soon as possible.

The middle way approach is to have a library of sample code that your assistant will copy / paste in the final xml. But sure that if you want to add a new function to all of your previous work you will need to copy / paste it to each of them.

I hope it's helpy for you, don't hesitate to ask more question if you need on this subject

David

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!