Virtual tours - starting off

• Hello,

I am a programmer and one of my clients wants to provide virtual tours on his site. The requirement is to automate the process as much as possible; client uploads the photograph with some details and the application has to take care of everything else.
    First thing that will be needed is the photograph(s), and i am lost at that first step - spherical, cubical, stitching, overlap.... I am not much into photography so it is difficult for me to make sense of the of the lens, camera and focus things.
    I have been searching and stumbled upon this thread Looking for simple tutorial. It says that krpano kicks into action only after the panoramic picture is ready. So, what should the client do to generate the panoramic photograph? A single photo with the kind of lens provided here http://www.eyesee360.com/ , will that be sufficient? Would you suggest something else?

Thank you.

• Hi,

right, you need a panoramic image first

e.g. a full spherical image with 360x180°
    partial panos, that cover only a defined range will also work,
    but there you need the range that they cover (e.g. 100x30°)

a single photo like from a eyesee360 lens must be transformed first
    to an useable format (e.g. a spherical or cylindrical image)

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hello again,

When i edit a hotspot making use of the editor plugin, is it possible to save the changes to the xml file on the hard disk so that the next person viewing the tour can see the hotspot at the new location?
    I'm assuming it is not possible. Flash is client side and the xml file will be on the server, unless we allow the editor plugin some kind of access to the server it should not be possible. Am i right?

Thank you.

• Hi,

I'm assuming it is not possible. Flash is client side and the xml file will be on the server, unless we allow the editor plugin some kind of access to the server it should not be possible. Am i right?

you would need a something on server side that receives and saves the file there

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hello again,

Merry Christmas.
    I created an xml file with two scenes. When i view the xml file with the editor plugin i am able to see the code for one scene only, that too without the scene tags. Is there any option to load the xml with scene tags into the xml file that is displayed by the editor plugin?

Thanks.

• Hi,

I created an xml file with two scenes. When i view the xml file with the editor plugin i am able to see the code for one scene only, that too without the scene tags. Is there any option to load the xml with scene tags into the xml file that is displayed by the editor plugin?

right, the current editor plugin doesn't support the <scene> tag,
    but you could use the [get original xml] button, it will load the original/unchanged xml,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Thank you.
    I downloaded the tools , linux 32 bit version. The zip file doesn't have the templates or the config file. How do i go about using the kmakemultires without the config file and the templates? On windows i am using the command

Code
    kmakemultires.exe templates/normal.config myimage.jpeg

. normal.config has references to the templates directory. How do i go about using similar command on linux? Will i need the templates and config file or can i do it without those files?

Also, there seems to be a bug with the editor plugin. In the flare tags of the lensflareset tag, pixvpos attribute appears twice.

• Hi,

The zip file doesn't have the templates or the config file

right, the linux download just contains the binaries,
    you can copy the templates and config files from the windows or mac version,

Also, there seems to be a bug with the editor plugin. In the flare tags of the lensflareset tag, pixvpos attribute appears twice.

right, that will be fixed in the next release,
    here in this thread - 1.0.8 beta 9 - fovtype setting - is a prerelease package, where already a new fixed editor plugin is included,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi again,

I am using the editor plugin : krpano 1.0.8 - beta8 build 2009-06-15. When i open the hotspots tab in the editor plugin, i do not see the option for deleting the hotspots.
    When i open the editor on the tour here http://www.krpano.com/krpano.html?pa…ionterrasse.xml , i can see the option for deleting hotspots.

Do i have to set any attribute to the plugin or the hotspots to be able to delete them or should i use a different version?

Thank you.

• this is a "pre-release", the release version should come soon,

Thanks Klaus. So, the "delete-button" feature will be available in the release version only. Until then would you recommend any other version that allows deleting the hotspots?

Forgot to mention earlier, my client bought the unlimited domain license for the viewer and the tools and also the google maps plugin license. Is there anyway to protect this google maps plugin?

Regards.

• Hi,

at the moment, the hotspot could be only in the editor delelted by removing the <hotspot> code
    in the xml and doring a reload,

in the final version, there will be a hotspot delete 'feature',

about protecting - you could embed the plugin with the kprotect tool,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

If i embed the googlemaps plugin what will be the xml syntax for using it, particularly the url attribute?
    I used the encryption tool instead and it seems to be working; it is working on the clients server but throwing an error when i use it on my local host. Is that okay?

I tried to embed an image to display a logo like the "krpano.com" logo that appears on the default google maps plugin with this code in the googlemaps.as

When i compile the code it doesn't throw any error but i can't see the image on the google-maps plugin. Is that code okay or should i use something else?

Thanks.

• Hi,

If i embed the googlemaps plugin what will be the xml syntax for using it, particularly the url attribute?

just like normal, when a file is embedded, this will be loaded,

I used the encryption tool instead and it seems to be working; it is working on the clients server but throwing an error when i use it on my local host. Is that okay?

what do you mean with "local host" in this case?
    a localhost server? there it should work,

but when using it locally (on file://) the flash security settings must be adopted,
    because the googlemaps plugins needs access to the internet, which is not possible
    without changing the settings,

have a look here for how to adopt the flash security settings:
    https://krpano.com/docu/localaccess/

When i compile the code it doesn't throw any error but i can't see the image on the google-maps plugin. Is that code okay or should i use something else?

this is wrong:
    logo.source = new googlemaps.embedded_logo() as Image;

a embedded image is a type from the class Bitmap,
    and if your Image class is not a subclass from Bitmap the conversion (as Image) will fail and return null,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks Klaus.
    I could add the image, problem is that it is being hidden by the map. If i give it a width and height more than that of the map then the parts not covered by the map are visible. I tried several blend modes but they seem to applicable to the background.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!