Home made solution to find where to place hot spots

• Hi,

Thank you *smile* === *thumbup*

that's a very new compare operator, different to the normal '==' operator, it checks only variables, and uses 'null' when a variable was not found (more details hopefully soon )

Only one note: You have included the textfield.swf (to simplify the install I supose *wink* )... But I think you must notify the version you give!!! Because each version of Krpano needs his own version of plugins like the textfield.swf... KLAUS explains this somewhere but I am not able now to find where *sad* .

the most plugins are checking only the base version,
    e.g. just checking for "1.0.7" or "1.0.8",

only a few plugins (e.g. editor.swf, options.swf) are checking if they
    are exactly from the same build like the krpano.swf, because these plugins
    are accessing often also accessing/using the newest features/variables,

best regards,
    Klaus

• cursorposition.swf ? *confused* Never heard of it!
    I've tried it and you are right, it can be used to find a hotspot coordinates. Also it says x and y coordinates!

But the initial reason to create this plugin (well, it is not actually a plugin) was to create a very simple and minimalistic way to display only ath and atv, and without decimals, so my client doesn't get confused by data he doesn't need to create himself a hotspot.

See the example (right click and select 'Coordinates finde - ON'

Michel and I included fov because someone asked for it. And I decided to put it available to download in my server just in case anyone would like to use it.

One month ago I refused to include hotspots in my virtual tours because it was a really time consuming task. I used to use the lensflare editor to find the coordinates! Now, thanks the Coordinates finder and a 'addhotspot' action I can create hotspots 3 times faster *thumbsup*

• Hi,

Tourvista: *smile* The Licence Agreement is not needed of course *wink* ... It was only an amusement from my part *g* ... I like this careware licence... It was made from Paul Lutus (a great "monsieur" it seems)...

VN2009: You are right... The cursorposition.swf plugin is enough for do the job (show ath, atv, x and y values from the cursor position)...
    But, it is not customizable...
    The Coordinates finder solution from Tourvista matches exactly his needs (and the client needs)...
    It has the look as he wants it (customizable)...
    It displays the ath and atv from the middle of the screen...
    It does not show decimals (customizable)...
    It has a cross for identify exactly the point you are retrieving the coordinates (customizable)...
    It can display the fov...
    It simulates an onDoubleClick --> moveTo...

And the better... Tourvista shares the code to all of us... Any one can customize it as he wants...

And much better in my opinion... This code is a great example of a lot of the features and of possibility of krpano... I have learned a lot in trying to improve it and I am sure, others will learn a lot trying to understand how it works...
    Give it a try... I am sure you will appreciate *wink* ...

KLAUS: I have put a shoe under the Christmas tree waiting to find into it the new version *thumbsup* .Thank you. *wink*

SAlut.

• Yo,

maybe somebody can write a thing that's like this beauty but then combined with the options tool, and the fps (ithink that's also in the options plugin. Also would be nice to option the autorotatespeed... etc

So all in one nice little swf...as an control bar.

Cheers
    Tuur *thumbsup*

• Hi,

One notice: the onDoubleClick ---> moveTo action is not accurate when Pannini or Architectural projections are used... It seems that it is due to the screentosphere() function that does not apply correctly on these projections...
    You can use a grid as preview instead of an image to see easily the effect:

So, be aware about that issue, and moves the pano with the mouse to adjust the point you are looking to retrieve the coordinates *wink* ...

i do vote for this plugin been put into krpano official user plugin at main page!... *thumbsup*
    and maybe put donate button also.. :)

Thanks Bulp. Comments like yours are enough... *thumbup*

SAlut.

• Hi,

KLAUS: I have put a shoe under the Christmas tree waiting to find into it the new version *thumbsup* .Thank you. *wink*

I'm trying to have it ready before Christmas...
    but I think unfortunately no, there are still some known bugs left to be fixed,
    and some plugins are not ready...
    (so maybe the beta 9 viewer package will be released in the new year...)

i do vote for this plugin been put into krpano official user plugin at main page!... *thumbsup*

and maybe put donate button also.. :)

yes, no problem, just let me know via mail if you want a plugin page

One notice: the onDoubleClick ---> moveTo action is not accurate when Pannini or Architectural projections are used... It seems that it is due to the screentosphere() function that does not apply correctly on these projections...

right, Pannini and Architectural are not implemented at the moment in the screentosphere function,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

I think this plugin is awesome, but I have dificult too operate with two panos on the same page. Eg. both has this plugin enabled and if we double click second pano, first moves to position while second stills. I edit javascript file and copy function movetoscreentosphere with another name and krpano object within. Also I am changing

Code
    set(events.onclick,js(krpanodbclick(movetoscreentosphere2())););

on line 18 in xml file to my new js function. But this doesn't do the trick.

What I need to do to display more then one pano on page and catch dblclick coordinates for each pano??

Thanks in advance for any help!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!