Hotspot mask disappearing when mostly out of view

• I have a sample tour here.

I have a mask over a video hotspot to blend edges. When I rotate the pano so that the hotspot and mask are mostly out of view, but still in the frame, the mask will disappear and cause krpano to lock up for a few seconds. I am using the 2009-10-5 release of beta 9. Is this due to distortion at the edges of the viewport?

• Hi,

that's a limitation from the flashplayer...

when a mask was applied to an object - the object and the mask were automatically converted to a bitmap objects (done internally by flash),
    and the size limits for bitmaps are 2880x2280 pixels,

and when a hotspot is very distorted, it's internally size/bounding box (which is the size of the internal bitmap)
    can exceed this pixel limit, and then flash will not apply the mask anymore...

I have tried to illustrate that:

I have already plans to fix that manually, but doning manually screen clipping,
    but this is more complex then it sounds and can also effect the rendering performance,
    therefore the developing of that needs some time!

best regards,
    Klaus

• It seemed to be an issue with heavy processing

yes, using masks is very processor heavy (especially for large objects) because of the automatic bitmap conversion from flash...,

it would be better without distorted hotspots and without scaled hotspots, because there the size of the hotspots doesn't change dynamically,
    and the flash internal mask bitmaps doesn't get rebuild every frame...

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!