krpano Tools 1.0.8 beta 9

• Hi,

I'm curious. The krpano.swf in the krpano tools beta 9 package = 106.469 bytes
    while the krpano.swf in the krpano beta 8 package = 100.834 bytes

Is this just compression or did you add some new stuff/fixed bugs? Which one is the best to use?

the changes in the filesize are the new features (and bugfixes)

but there are also a lot of optimizations to keep the swf as small as possible,
    I'm hunting for every byte! normally without constant code optimizations and
    improved swf compression, the swf would be already over 250kb

best regards,
    Klaus

• I'm checking out the beta 9 but I'm getting a "DEMO Krpano" on the screen.
    Shouldn't my license i bought for earlier version work with beta 9?
    I have krpano.license in the same folder as the generated files.
    Please advise.
    Thanks

• Hi,

I'm checking out the beta 9 but I'm getting a "DEMO Krpano" on the screen.
    Shouldn't my license i bought for earlier version work with beta 9?
    I have krpano.license in the same folder as the generated files.

are you maybe using the SINGLESWF droplets?

these droplets are embedding the license into the generated swf,
    that means the krpano.license must be also in tools folder during swf generating,
    when not - only a DEMO swf will be generated,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus!

Just hitting a small bug here...

The encrypt part of the kprotect GUI will fail if you have a non-ascii character in the path of the file you want to encrypt (e.g. a directory with an accentuated character in its name).

Not a real problem once you know that, but took some time to understand what was happening...

• Hi,

The encrypt part of the kprotect GUI will fail if you have a non-ascii character in the path of the file you want to encrypt (e.g. a directory with an accentuated character in its name).

thanks for this note! should be fixed in the next release.

Noob user here. I am having some trouble with this build. Is there a list of known bugs/issues somewhere?

what troubles do you have?

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

there is a new bugfix update for the tools - build 2010-02-15:
    - improved/bugfixed memory handling on low memory situations (all systems, but especially Mac and Linux)
    - paths bugfixes for embedded files (kprotect)
    - license path bugfixes (kprotect)
    - maxcubesize speedup (downsampling already during remapping)
    - updated and bugfixed viewer (krpano.swf)
    - updated html/xml templates (default skin buttons now non-transparent, updated context menu)

sorry, this part is still unfixed - paths with accent or special characters don't work, it's a Mac only issue, I'm still looking for a solution for this...

best regards,
    Klaus

• Using the 64 bit version of the tools and Thumbnail template. For some reason generating multires pano creates all the tiles just fine and when
    viewing the html file the pano is great.

However when using the Thumbnail template(by Shanti) and using loadpano to call the xml file, the pano is being displayed "bowed" ie" fisheye effect.

Please advise.
    Thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!