Color matching issue with green-screened video

• I am trying to add a video hotspot to a panorama that merges perfectly with the background panorama. I am doing this by clipping a portion of the pano and using it as a background for a green-screened video. A sample can be viewed here.

The problem is that the panorama image and the video have a different color tone when viewed in krpano. When I take a still from the video and compare it to the panorama in Photoshop, the colors match. Also, when played in Quicktime (the file is h.264), the color seems to match with the panorama. It is only in the flash krpano that I am experiencing these issues. My view is that it is a color profile issue, but I have no profile on the image, and I don't know if the video embeds a color profile or not. If anybody has more experience with these issues, I would appreciate your help. The tour is a demo, so there are a few issues with the total quality. I can handle most of the other problems, but this one has me stumped.

• I do see a slight color difference in the video vs the pano but it seems to me it is exposure difference, not color. Maybe I am wrong. Also, I can't seem to get the pano to even open in FF but it opens wide and very short in IE8. Had I not known to be looking for the color difference, it would have been hard to notice though. Perhaps if it was fullscreen, it would be more pronounced.

• Sorry, I'm using flash satay embedding, and I keep copying the wrong object tag when creating new pages. I'll see if I can get it fixed shortly. It works in safari and IE when I checked. But FF was not working. :(

Jarredja, it's not exposure. The video is greenscreened and the background is clipped from the pano and composited into the video, so the background is the exact same as the pano. I think it is a color profile issue developing when I screen capture the image out of krpano. I have to take a screen capture because krpano corrects the distortion of the spherical image.

• Tour is now working. Apparently, FF does not handle percentages for object tag dimensions. My debug version of flash player said it was experiencing a stack overflow error due to excessive stage resize operations. So now the tour does not fill the entire window, but at least it works.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!